How should I handle this guy who bailed on our plans tonight?

We've been talking about going out and we were supposed to go bowling tonight. He never contacted me after talking before I got off work today and I didn't recieve a courtesy text explaining that he had to cancel.

I'm a confrontational person and when someone does something I don't like I let them know. I'm between trying to figure out what's wrong, cursing this guy for wasting my time or just ignoring him and blocking him from contacting me period.
Updates:
So I asked what happened, in a polite way. Not going to lie, I'm very upset because I don't believe in wasting my time and it was just wasted so I want to curse him out.

But I won't.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'd just simply say, "hey, we had a date and I never heard from you. What happened?"

If his response is sucky or it sounds like bullshit, I'd just cut contact and move on.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I contacted him and he said "sorry about that." His phone was dead and he needed to buy a new charger, and he just bought one like an hour before I texted him. Yeah, okay.

• That definitely qualifies as a sucky, bullshit response. I wouldn't give that kind of guy a second chance.

• I never even responded. I'm just annoyed, why even waste my time?

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless it was an emergency, there's no reason he couldn't send a text saying he couldn't make it and even that he'd explain later. But, I'd ask first and see what his explanation was. If it was understandable, try rescheduling. If not, move on.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Figure out whats wrong, ( just read your update ). Okay, thats out the way. You're time sensitive and put a lot of effort into things i see, so expressing that is a must. But thats if you actually want to go out with this guy. If he knew how serious you were about time and this happened you can dismiss him. But without the knowledge, it would seem almost unfair to punish him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to pay you. Chances are you work, so those are wasted hours. Jokes aside, confront him. Confronting is my primary conflict resolution style so I use that when I can. Otherwise I'll feel like it was a missed opportunity to understand or call them out

0|0
    0|0
  • Well he should have made the effort to at least let you know when possible. However if he does not give you an explanation within 24 hours i wouldn't waste my time

0|1
    0|0
  • First, wait for and explanation. Could have been a major emergency and you dont want to be insensitive. Then if he explains and it's an acceptable excuse, investigate. he's probably lying. Then if he isn't you can give him another shot 😏

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him what happened. Then decide if you like his explanation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to say. When did you last confirm this date, and was it a firm date? What was the last thing he said about this, and when?

0|0
    0|0
  • Gosh, based on your update it sounds as if he played with your feelings :-(
    If the guy is not serious, indeed moving on is a better idea...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you might be overreacting I would wait and see if he contacts you and if he doesn't good riddance I'd move on

0|0
    0|0
  • well he obviously just left you hanging... Id say he's not very interested and was more in it for sex for the most part...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask for an explanation and block him after he answers on a cliffhanger

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure he had a good reason let's not jump to conclusions

0|0
    0|0
    • I still haven't recieved an answer or update from him at all.

• Confront him on the TV show called “ cheaters”

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol wouldn't that be fun

• It would be fun for you and it might be fun to watch and he would deserve it but I have to say it would really just be overreach and actually I was only kidding

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes