How should I handle this guy who bailed on our plans tonight?

We've been talking about going out and we were supposed to go bowling tonight. He never contacted me after talking before I got off work today and I didn't recieve a courtesy text explaining that he had to cancel.

I'm a confrontational person and when someone does something I don't like I let them know. I'm between trying to figure out what's wrong, cursing this guy for wasting my time or just ignoring him and blocking him from contacting me period.
So I asked what happened, in a polite way. Not going to lie, I'm very upset because I don't believe in wasting my time and it was just wasted so I want to curse him out.

But I won't.

113

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. I'd just simply say, "hey, we had a date and I never heard from you. What happened?"

If his response is sucky or it sounds like bullshit, I'd just cut contact and move on.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I contacted him and he said "sorry about that." His phone was dead and he needed to buy a new charger, and he just bought one like an hour before I texted him. Yeah, okay.

• That definitely qualifies as a sucky, bullshit response. I wouldn't give that kind of guy a second chance.

• I never even responded. I'm just annoyed, why even waste my time?

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless it was an emergency, there's no reason he couldn't send a text saying he couldn't make it and even that he'd explain later. But, I'd ask first and see what his explanation was. If it was understandable, try rescheduling. If not, move on.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE