Accidentally led on 3 guys this year... how to stop?

I'm a sophomore in high school. This year, I was asked out by 3 guys in my HS, all seniors who I interact with a lot for track and field... I rejected all 3 of them because I only see them as friends (though a 4th guy, also a senior, asked me out and we are currently dating).

Obviously, I feel like shit about this, but I'm not sure what aspect of myself I should be changing so people don't get the wrong idea. I will fully admit I was completely oblivious and didn't have enough boundaries w the first two guys who asked me out because I didn't think it was possible for them to like me since a) I was a freshman at the time, why would two juniors be interested in me and b) I don't view myself as someone who is particularly attractive... maybe a 7 at best, but definitely not a model.

But with the third guy, I do not think I gave any sign that could be misinterpreted as attraction. He'd offer me rides home from practice when I asked people from practice if someone could give me one (which I never accepted), we barely talked, were never alone together... we had a snapchat streak but that was it.

Seriously though: I am not a hot girl. I do not understand why these guys have liked me, I'm not a model AT ALL, especially since they're older and so I'd think they'd want "maturer" girls). What could I be doing that could be taken the wrong way?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry about this. You didn't do anything to "lead them on". They asked, you said "no, thanks" and that was all (I hope). Don't worry about hurting their feelings by saying "no". That's how dating works. Someone asks, and the other person says "yes" or "no". Good luck with your new relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks, people have just been cracking jokes about this lately and it made me feel like a jerk for not liking them back

• High school society is pretty stupid. Fortunately it doesn't last long, and when it's over, nothing that happened short of getting pregnant matters at all. High school social standing becomes completely irrelevant after the last graduation party ends. Enjoy high school as much as you can, make friends, date whomever you want, but don't worry at all about the opinion of others.

Most Helpful Girl

• Underclassmen are young and naive. You keep bringing up you're not a model - your lack of self-confidence makes you vulnerable.

It's possible they were hoping you'd be desperate enough to say "yes."

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE