My boyfriend says that he does not want to get married... Then why does he keep talking about marriage and kids with me?

gaiarose
My boyfriend is 4 years older than me. He is in med school while I am preparing for law school, so we both have a lot going on and do not plan to "settle down" anytime soon.
One night, he told me that he is not even thinking about marriage, and it is a goal that is too far away for him right now.
Later that night, we went grocery shopping and he started taking me to the toys section and joked that "Our future kids would love this." When we were picking fruit, he joked around and said, "We need to bring some home for the kids."
This confused me a lot. Why did he make jokes about our supposed "future kids"? Thoughts?
5
6