How to deal with criticism in a relationship? What’s the difference between criticism to saying it for their benefit?

Anonymous
Me and my boyfriend been arguing at lot from him ‘so called saying it for my benefit and for my own good’ and because I don’t agree to a lot of things he says about me because I hear them at criticism and I don’t like that as it makes me feel bad about myself and lowers my confidence, we end up arguing a lot. We have some compatibility issues, and have had minor break ups, but we always try and work through it.

It’s become so frequent that I don’t know how to deal with criticism in a relationship. Or should I just tell him to not say anything? What’s the difference between the two?
27
3