Do you think the phrase "you can't help who you fall in love with" is true?

Have you ever fallen in love with someone unexpectedly, or even fallen for someone that you shouldn't?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Bullshit. Are you saying you are unable to control your thoughts and feelings? That everything is an external influence beyond your control?
    Really?

Actually this is typical for a fairly large percentage of the female population - they are completely unable to accept responsibility for their position in life, for what happens to them, for their own well being. The blame is placed elsewhere, there is always some external force or influence beyond their control, beyond them.

It's a convenient way to shirk responsibility for anything that happens in their life. It's always someone else fault.

Here's an example...
    If a woman bails or cheats on her man it's because he's an asshole.
    If a man bails or cheats on his woman it's because he's a complete asshole.
    It is NEVER the woman's fault. Ever. Just ask around, ask your girlfriends.

0|0
    3|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. Human beings can't control what emotions we feel or don't feel, all we can do is control how we react to them and whether or not we chose to let them influence our decisions.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Became best friends with my roommate, we eventually fell in love even though we both tried not to. I was dating someone else at the time and had to end the relationship.

I think to a small degree it's not something you control but happens when everything lines up.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can’t help who you fall in love with, but you can control what you do with the feeling. You can step forward or back.

2|0
    0|0
  • thats true, but i can move on if i find any compatibility issue which might harm me over longer run.

I will fall into the pit but i also have self control of holding back

1|0
    0|0
  • not 100% true because that one should have a quality or something special to make you fall in love with

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't help who you become infatuated with.

But love is a choice.

1|0
    1|0
  • Not true some could grow on you especially if they have money 💰

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not taking about being interested in someone for qualities like that. I'm saying for genuine reasons. Like really falling for someone unexpectedly not concerning wealth or status.

• Show All
    • Wow apology accepted, not many apologizes these days, so I appreciate it when it happens

• Yeah but you can control how you deal with it

2|0
    0|0
  • Definitely true

2|0
    0|0
  • It's true and yes I have

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah. Even though you can tell yourself not to but it’s your feelings that will pull you in.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is true. I got married that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep definitely true for me unfortunately haha!

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes