How do I stop prioritizing a girls looks?

I recently dated a girl for several weeks. She is a very attractive girl but she had some characteristics that weren't so pleasant. She would have flatulence and belch. She talked very openly about some of her sexual experiences that were a bit gross to say the least, and this was the second time i met her. The worst was she actually caused me physical harm. During some not so play fighting she got rough with me and gripped my wrist with her full force and she almost broke one of my fingers thinking it was hilarious. Her saying im strong aren't i? She seemed to be emotionally unstable and want to show her dominance. But because she's pretty i was willing to put all of this aside which i shouldn't do really. So how do i stop letting a girls looks decide whether i stick around or not?

1040

Most Helpful Girl

• Well honestly, all guys like a pretty face but the most successful relationships are when they realize the inside is breathtaking and then the outside becomes that way too. I hate to tell you, unless you are willing to make a change it won’t work. As many guys have said to me the really hot girls are crazy or super shallow how the hell did I manage to be hot and not one of those. Honestly, I consider myself just a plain Jane girl next door but guys disagree all the time. I get a lot of attention out and about. You don’t need to settle lower your expectations of model material it is just not realistic.

• I guess im learning how much i value a girls looks over anything else. This isn't good. I could end up in some bad situations

• You definitely could. It is unfortunate, there are plenty of amazing girls, cute or pretty too, but we can’t all look like a movie star sorry.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you find her attractive, you should date her. Relationship's and dating aren't about getting what you want. They are about growing to become a better person. I promise you if you date her, you and her will both grow to become better people. There are only two forms of changing, one is from love and the other is from hate. If your relationship with her is positive, you can both only make positive changes.

And even if you or her realize that you don't find each other attractive in that way. At least you made a good friend. There are probably some flaws she see's in you too, but she's willing to keep you around in her life. Do her the same. Relationship's aren't just about you, if you have that mindset, you will miss out on a lot of good experiences and people.

• We've kind of stopped talking at the moment. We had a bit of a falling out. So i dont know if it would be worth contacting her when things have calmed down

• Relationship's have ups and downs. It's your prerogative if you feel like the downs outweigh the ups. But ask yourself how much you contributed to the relationship if you feel that is the case. Because if you saw the ups outweighing the downs. You would be motivated to keep the relationship going right? You get what you put into the relationship. Any relationship.