How do I get the date with her before Christmas break?

I know this girl had a huge crush on me last year. She was chasing me, but I never realized and responded in kind, and so I'm pretty sure she started to lose interest.
Larely she still flirted and showed interest in me, so I starting showing interest back. This went on for a while, and I waited too long to ask her. she said this :

i love you! your so fun to talk to but now is not really a good time  I'm really sorry I hope you understand. 

I said I understood and I like being friends, but I also said I hope to do something in a few weeks "when the time is right", to which she called me cute and said definitely yes

I feel like she still does have feelings. It's been a month and we've continued to talk and flirt a lot. The past week or so, I decided to back off a little. I stopped contacting her/ talking to her in school. I let her notice me having fun with other girls. I notice her glancing at me more than she used to

I texted her yesrerday :

me : I need your help! My gingerbread house is caving in and I don't know how to fix it. How do you repair a gingerbread house?

Her : haha oh no!!! Use some icing and glue it back together

I'm pretty sure I ate all the icing while I was building the house

lmao that's literally me

did you make one this year?

no I didn't I wanted to though

aw you could have made one with me. I'll teach you the techniques of an advanced crafter

lmao yea

what are you doing for Christmas this year?

Having family over what about you?

we stopped texting after that cause I went to see a movie and it got late.

today in school i didn't see her until late in the day, when i walked over to her locker. When she saw me she starting having lot of trouble with her locker, and we talked a little bit.
She didn't seem very excited but not cold either. More like lukewarm towards me. I still really like her and i want to ask her out before break starts next week, so what are her current feelings with me and how do i act around her the next few days?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask her to hang out as friends. If through that something more develops then great if not at least you tried

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if you didn't caught the hint before and now she's apologizing and making excuses then hate to break it to ya but the ship has already sailed capt'n