How do I get a bf?

I’m 22 years old lady, senior in college. I’ve still never had a boyfriend and I don’t know where my dating life is heading. Everyone around my age has at least somehow dated so I’m just feeling lost. I tried online dating for a long while and it turned out to be rather weird and nasty. So far, I still haven’t met a guy that I actually liked.

I tried giving people my number at college but my shyness turns some guys off and I just recently got tricked and led on by some guy who secretly has a girlfriend. It’s a really sick thing to do to someone but I’m over it. My college is also a commuter school where people don’t really have an incentive to make friends so its pretty always feels like a ghost town. I don’t really have much of a social life but I would love one.

I’m not here to brag but I am one of the most decent, kindest people you will ever meet. I have a few guy friends who know me inside out and they would not hesitate to date me. Unfortunately, none of the mare my type at all. Physically wise, I am pretty cute and decent looking.

I’m just here for some advice on how I can get a boyfriend OUTSIDE of school. Of course I will not give up talking to guys within school but I’m not gonna limit myself to just college. Is there anything I can do? I tend to gravitate towards intelligent, educated, professionals rather than the less educated.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• You are still in a much better situation than I. My work environment has very few women and all of my extracurricular activities are just guys. Still, I do have some worthwhile suggestions.

As a woman you have far more opportunities online than the guys but, you will be hounded much more by guys you aren't interested in.

You said two important things. You are a caring and compassionate person and like educated professionals. I would say me but I'm old anyway.

Two different places or type of people you can keep your eyes open for. One is the engineers, scientists, and mathematicians. The nerds tend to be hard working, very stable people who usually have a good deal of compassion.

The other group is volunteers. Among my soccer players, the ones coaching kids are some of the finest people you would ever want to meet.

Look in your area for robotics clubs and coding for kids. Both will have nerds giving their time to others.

Most Helpful Girl