How would you react if your girlfriend of 5-6 years told you she had written several novels and now wants to publish them?

TyGirr
Okay, my not-so-secret anymore is that I write novels. I’ve written 8 so far and I’m working on the 9th and 10th. I’ve never told anyone. Recently I shared a few of them with other writers I’ve met online and it’s spread and now I have thousands of reviews and hundreds of people urging me to publish. I want to try. Problem is... My boyfriend doesn’t even know I’m a writer.
Also to make it worse. I have an MD and PhD and so it makes me seem not artsy, I guess? I’m an AVID reader but I feel like he’d be shocked to know I write because, well, I’m a Biomedical Scientist. What do you think?
22
5