How would you react if your girlfriend of 5-6 years told you she had written several novels and now wants to publish them?

Okay, my not-so-secret anymore is that I write novels. I’ve written 8 so far and I’m working on the 9th and 10th. I’ve never told anyone. Recently I shared a few of them with other writers I’ve met online and it’s spread and now I have thousands of reviews and hundreds of people urging me to publish. I want to try. Problem is... My boyfriend doesn’t even know I’m a writer.
Also to make it worse. I have an MD and PhD and so it makes me seem not artsy, I guess? I’m an AVID reader but I feel like he’d be shocked to know I write because, well, I’m a Biomedical Scientist. What do you think?

522

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love it!!! Omg publish those books :) that is incredible that you have written so many while getting a PHD!!! Publish them and make some money. If it fails. At the very least you tried :) and having a PHD has nothing to do with you being artsy or not.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better!!

• I’m glad :) If my girlfriend did that I’d definitely be a little stunned at first but then I’d be super proud and happy. Just make sure you explain why you didn’t say anything

Most Helpful Girl

• If he doesn't support you he is a dip shit. It doesn't matter do what you like. He hopefully will think its really cool you write. I know when my boyfriend found out I draw he was stoked and was like why didn't you tell me I wanna see your stuff.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE