Is it okay to be friends with my ex?

Okay so My ex and I used to be super best friends before we were dating, then we got together and three months later we broke up. 2 months after the break up I started dating my current boyfriend. Well my ex came back from boot camp (marines) and noticed I had a new guy. Of course he was hurt, shit was said, we had a big blow out argument but then we ended on good terms. Now he’s back and my boyfriend asked me to block him. For a while I did but I ended up feeling bad and wanted to become his friend again because I missed our friendship. So he called me one day and I accepted the call. My boyfriend was furious. And then it happened again and again he was angry. Now today he messaged my ex telling him it was okay for us to be friends because he didn’t want to get in the way of us being best friends. I don't know... I don’t ever see a problem with people being friends with their exes. Especially in our case because we both forget about the relationship... we really only focus on the friendship... so is it okay for us to be friends or should I drop it?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always tried to stay friends with my ex's but it never works for me, but you two were good friends before and it was a short relationship that just didn't work for you both. I don't see why you have to lose a friendship just because you dated.
    I understand why your boyfriend is asking you not to, because he doesn't want to experience you guys finding lost feelings again.

As long as you and your ex never talk about feelings, or the past, I don't see anything wrong with it.

But make sure you make your boyfriend feel like he's a priority over your ex always. And always stay honest with him.

And never talk about your boyfriend to your ex if you're having a problem with your boyfriend.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE