Best Friend Dating Your Sibling: Okay or Not?

How would you feel if your best friend wanted to date your sibling? Would it stop you from being friends or affect your friendship?
  • I wouldn't mind at all
    Vote A
  • I would feel weird, but I wouldn't stop them if they liked each other
    Vote B
  • Absolutely not okay, and I couldn't be friends with them if they did
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think the relationship would bother me, though I'd probably be more careful about telling either of them anything I didn't want the other to know. Where I think the problem could be is if they break up and some point and then your brother wants you to end your friendship because he hates her or your friend refuses to go anywhere with you that your brother might be or is constantly trashing him around you. So personally I'd be more concerned about what happened after the relationship ends that while it's still going on. Of course there a chance that they end up together for life, but way more relationships end than continue for life so the odds are against that.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Speaking from experience, that doesn’t go very well. Both on the friendship, as people tend to spend more time with their SO than their friends, and the relationship the siblings may share, as if issues arise in the relationship then the sibling may be upset about their other sibling speaking to their friend. Plus the inevitable awkwardness of the two break up.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If he's brave/foolish enough to date my sister then good luck to him. She can look after herself!

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be odd af but I can’t stop them

0|0
    0|0
  • My sibling is 10 years younger so no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m dating my sister best friend she 38.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'd be fine with that

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! Hell no...

0|0
    0|0
  • That incest to me.

0|0
    0|0