Girls Dating Younger Guys: Weird or Not?

It seems pretty common/accepted for guys to date girls younger than them, for example a junior guy dating a sophomore girl. But is it weird for a girl to date a guy a school year below her? It seems less common and like the girl is "downgrading." Do you think this is okay? Why or why not?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I think it’s alright but most girls wouldn’t do it because “it’s weird.” or some lame excuse. If you both like each other then who cares

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually just posted a poll about this. I'm a Senior and my boyfriend is a Sophomore and it's great, he makes me really happy. But, with that being said we have yet to make our relationship public because I'm afraid of how people will react. So it's not weird when you're in the relationship, but people looking in on one may find it weird

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Doesn’t matter, nothing inherently wrong with it. Just a societal thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is definitely less common than the older person being the guy. But, I don't see it as being a real problem. To each their own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not weird just not as common. As long as you 2 are both happy that's what counts.

0|0
    0|0
  • not weird as long he is not too young. One year below is fine

0|0
    0|0
  • yep...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never heard any girl doing that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see any issue at all with this. I do not at the moment since anyone younger would still be at school, but once they leave it's fair game. I have seen a couple of girls date one year below in high school. I think when you're going through puberty it's a little harder since there's so much development in one single year.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer a little older e. g i have a 12yrs age limit and that person has to look young for me to be able to overlook the age, but if someone else is dating younger or very very older i dont care really its their choice n i won't judge

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is love, it doesn't matter the age or gender. It is fine if the girl is dating someone younger. She shouldn't think it's "weird" dating someone younger because society thinks it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am in leavers and my boyfriend is first year of his college. He is 16 . Age is not as important. I go for Younger guys I like more then friends.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes