After dating for six months if the guy still isn't ready for a relationship should you move on?

Updates:
He says he is and wants to move forward to a relationship but when I ask about it more he avoids it. Am I being strung along?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well this isn't the best time of year to try to ask about a relationship. After the holidays are over would be a better time. If she has been dating him for 6 months. He might feel as if he is already in a relationship. One thing i would recommend would be for her not to give him any special time. And qhen he asks why. Just be blunt. And let him know if he can't commit to her then he isn't worth anything

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Six months is entirely too long and this conversation should have happened at least three months earlier than that. If he is avoiding it =, he is definitely stringing you along. I say end it because obviously he does not want to do more than reap the benefits without putting in the work.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Unless you want friends with benefits, it's probably best to ditch him. Do you really see yourself spending the rest or your life with a guy who can't commit to you? I mean, if you're into open relationships then sure... but not many people are I've found.

So ask yourself what you can expect out of moving forward. If you want him to dedicate to you, he probably isn't ready for it. He'll, I'm about your age and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that shit even though I have a stable (ish) career.

1|1
    0|0
  • Only 6 months? I'd say you're in a rush.
    If he's good to you and vice versa, hang in there. If you think you've got better options, dump him. But 6 months ain't shit. You're probably not going to find too many stable kats ready for "forever & ever amen" in under a year.

0|1
    1|0
    • She isn’t asking for a husband, father, and forever after. She’s asking for a boyfriend, not a tosser.

• ya lol... if he doesn't know by 6 months which is long lol.. then the answer is obvious.. he's not really into you but he enjoyed the sex you gave him... which we all know you guys are having sex otherwise he wouldn't stick around

1|0
    0|0
  • You waited way too long.
    Assuming that sex is involved I won't be surprised that he is just delaying it.
    If its not then you better find someone who actually is actively willing to be with you as a partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you are being strung along... If he truly wants to be in a committed relationship with you he would be... You have been doing your part... Only you can decide how long is too long to accept his behavior... My advice is to find a man who love to be in a committed relationship with you... I wish the very best for you... James

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I consider myself a one girl kinda guy. Longest I've waited for a relationship was 2 years. I would not wait that long again. 6 months of dating is a good standard in my opinion to figure out if you wanna be with them or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like you are getting strung along. I don't usually recommend this, but at this point I would say it's ok to give him an ultimatum. Time to be 100% in or 100% out. Six months is plenty enough time.

0|0
    0|0
  • 99% he's dating someone else =D Sorry if It sounds bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Holy crap!! What are you stupid? You should’ve moved on 6 months ago. Never wait. All you are is free pussy with no commitment

0|0
    0|0
  • If you try to go into another relationship and he doesn't try to get you to go out with him instead. He is probably stringing you along

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean 'dating' then, if you aren't in a relationship? Dating how?

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't say, maybe you should maybe you shouldn't. It's up to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's stringing you along. Not sure what his deal is without more info though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course it's better to talk directly if he says no go for moving on

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like he's stringing you along after 6 months. I'd move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • No hold on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes please move on and quit wasting time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Do you want to move on?

0|0
    0|0
    • No but I don't want to be strung along either

• I guess so. Ditch him!

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Id say so yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what's best for you but if you want a relationship probably best to walk away. So long as you're available he probably sees no need to commit to more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. He obviously doesn't want you just to himself. He has no hunt in him.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are being strung along.

0|0
    0|0
  • date other people keep him as a backup... if you can.
    dont devote yourself to him only till he commits to you...

0|0
    0|0
    • Spoken like someone with a severe case of monophobia

Recommended myTakes