Why do most women prefer brunette guys over blondes and redhead guys?

I don't get it , most women I see are usually with brunette guys while I rarely see a blonde or a ginger with a girl? I know guys who along side me are atheltic tall and well educated and still struggle to get dates while I see short overweight brunette guys get dates a lot more. Most of my mates come from a Germanic or Scandinavian background ( as myself) in Melbourne and don't seem to get anything , despite having more symmetrical faces and much taller :/

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex was blonde and the man I'm dating is blonde. I don't care what hair color they have, but it's obvious that I like blond men. You say you live in Melbourne, so maybe that's why. They're not used to scandinavian people. Here in scandinavia I'm sure being a blonde man is no problem.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah when I was in Norway and Iceland I didn't have a problem , in Melbourne everything tends to be Americanised with heaps of culture appropriation. And most people in the Melbourne are not Anglo or Germanic , tend to be more eastern and Southern European and Asian and Indian :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm (dark) blond and average height and moderately fit (but not really muscular or athletic, more outdoorsy and slim) and I've never had a problem with women. I don't think women tend to dislike blond men particularly or at least some women seem to like my dark blond hair/blue eyes combo. All men get rejected and you just have to learn to deal with that I guess.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think that dark haired men are slightly preferred though yes (but i don't think being blond is bad in the UK at least) and I think that redheaded men do have it pretty hard, they are certainly seen as less attractive by many women.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I like it when a guy has defined, strong features in his face. Most blonde/ginger people have very light hair overall, so even the eyebrows and eyelashes would be very light-colored. Therefore (for me, personally) it's not about the hair colour, but I don't like it when your eyebrows/eyelashes blend in with your face.
    BUT, that does not mean that I wouldn't date a guy who doesn't have strong features. If you're funny, confident and loving, ladies will fall for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like brunettes because it makes them look gentle and cute to me. It’s hard to explain I just feel comfortable and between black haired guys I feel a bit more intimidated.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• blondes are dumb and redheads have no souls?

i think its basically the same stereotypes applied to girls without "beautiful" attached to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience Germans and Scandinavians tend to be more cold and aloof, so maybe they feel there is an emotional distance between them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this like a new form of trolling that targets redhead guys?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm blonde and my brother is a redhead and the rest of my family are blonde and blue eyed

Recommended myTakes