I'm 18, my boyfriend is 35. Is this wrong?

We started dating when I was 14 and he was 31. I met him because he was my teacher in high school since Freshman year, tomorrow will be our four year anniversary. I am in college now. We want to get married, he is 17 years older than me. Is this wrong?

318

Most Helpful Guy

• All these people saying it's bad and he's a pedo would do well to edify themselves of the realities of biology and the relationship dynamics of every generation preceding modern feminism... during which time a girl your age and guy his age being together, starting at when you were 14, not waiting, would have been completely normal.

Incidentally, post first wave feminism, in the US at least, women report their happiness lower and lower, the marriage rate is down, the American birth rate is beneath replacement levels, and divorce is through the roof.

I could give plenty of examples, but for brevity, here's just one that might hit you a bit close to home because of the ages. A man, 31, marries a girl, 14. They have one dozen kids, and over two dozen grand kids. When the man died, the woman never remarried.

This is my friend's grandfather. At the time they were 31 and 14, this was not only normal, but to still be unwed after 21 or 22 for a girl was to be considered as having been left on the shelf.

What we are seeing is older women who have been left on the shelf attempting to shift the zeitgeist of modern America so that they can compete. For example, I believe it was the DSM IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) that had a new "mental disorder" called ephebophilia. This is the attraction to women ages 15-19 (and how very telling that in first editions it could be found to be specifically a male mental disorder in that is specifies it is attraction to women, not gender neutral as if women could have this as well).

Think about that... they're starting to try to delegitimize attraction to women of even legal age. When we all know that a woman's attractiveness to a man is her fertility indicators: youth, healthy weight, symmetry of features = beauty. But man, that youth is a BIG one. Why? Because women's fertility has a shelf life. Why's youth not as important to women as men? Men's doesn't have a shelf life. In fact, what is biologically hardwired into females of all non asexually reproducing species to find attractive in a potential mate, the ability to sire healthy young and provide for them, for men, comes with age.

TLDR: Long story short, not a damn thing wrong with him or you. Guys who are 30+ and wife up a damn near barren (and if you check the science of it, vastly more likely to birth defective offspring) woman their own age are the bloody weirdos.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're dating a pedophile. What do you think he'll do when you're 25 and not a little girl any more? He'll find a new girl to groom.