24 yr old dude is hitting on me, should I block him or let him take me on a date (I'm 16)?

We've been talking for a bit and we are interested in a lot of the same stuff, and he's been feeling bad that he's attracted to me because of my age. I want to hang out with him but the age is just a bit much, so I don't know what to do.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Listen carefuly.. you're 16.. you're not 18 yet.
    Which means , If he ever did anything sexual to you that you didn't like / wish for.. You can easily put him to prison..
    He knows that you're not 18 yet...
    However , If you feel like hanging out with him.. and telling him.. that you're gonna let him have a chance.. but however.. you don't want him near your vagina till you're 18.. and he said okay.. go for it.
    " However he might be just going on with the flow to get you to accept "
    And if you decided to hang out with him.. just keep him from any sort of physical touches.. for awhile.. pretty long... AT least a month or two..
    to check his waters.. like if he's really willing to wait.. you'll notice it.
    and if by any chance.. he started to break that touch barrier.. have an eye on the limit.. like.. he may start with your hair.. or face.. touching your ear.. or neck.. hands.. etc.. ( not to be worried )
    2 months are quite long enough.. for him before he starts to break that barrier..
    so watch for him if he did try to break it before this period..
    But since you said no.. to getting closer to your vagina before you're 18..
    so he'll try to arouse you sexually.. which means.. if he already succeeded to break that barrier in less than 2 months.. and gone further.. to the point of feeling your boobs.. under your clothes.. or even trying to lick your nipples.. at times.. or trying to see them..
    then believe me.. you gotta set all your guards up.. and leave immediately..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No you're way underage and he is older enough to know better. Anyone over 18 is too much right now. It might not seem like it but a lot changes between the time you're 18 & 19. If this guy is hanging around, it's not for the right reasons. Stay away!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Just keep it non-sexual and you should be fine. if you're looking for a boyfriend, then you guys are leading very very differnt lives right now, and i don't recommend it. it's really not worth it. but if all you want is a friend i don't see a problem hanging out with him. just be responsible, because clearly he isn't for suggesting this, knowing you're this young. as soon as you see hints of manipulation or emotional abuse, block him.

1|1
    0|0
  • The impression I get is of someone who is trying to become your friend, and then very slowly and sneakily try and get in your pants. I think it's a bad idea to go on a date with him, I think it's a bad idea to continue talking to him. Roy Moore was called a child predator for doing essentially the same thing. It's creepy behavior. And normal grown men aren't interested in dating teenage girls.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude's got to either really like you or be phenomenally stupid. Even if you are in one of the states that has 16 as the age of consent (18 is actually the least common among the states), judges do what's called legislating from the bench and ignore the law in favor of what they think it should be using legal technicalities to get away with it. So anyone doesn't like you two dating, your parents, a sibling, friend, whoever, all it takes is one word from them and he's boned.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't say block him if your comfortable with the guy but i mean you can hang out with him its only illegal to have sex with underage people not date a 24 year old can even kiss a teen and get away with it. just dont let him take advantage of you tho

0|0
    1|0
  • Block instantly. If he knows your age and is persisting he probably thinks he can take advantage of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • NOOO LEAVE HIM NEVER TALK TO HIM!! Why do you think people his age won't date him?

0|0
    0|0
  • Block him, he's a fucking creep and you know it.

1|0
    0|0
  • You already know what to do, so fucking do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • block- no questions asked and report him

1|0
    0|0
  • Let him take you out.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think that's illegal

0|0
    0|0
  • Block him

0|0
    0|0
  • Block Him

0|0
    0|0
  • Block him. Tell him it's inappropriate and that at your age you should find someone close to your age

0|0
    0|0
  • What does your mother think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't block him. Don't go out with him. Find out a bit more about him. It's really easy for him to play you right now.

0|0
    1|0
  • No, that's just wrong. He should know better

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• If you feel uncomfortable, block him. Plus, depending on where you live it could be illegal. For example, where I live girls are minors until they turn 17 so it would be illegal for a 24 year old to do anything with you. But, at your age you shouldn't date someone 8 years older than you because it seems like he would try to take advantage of you, and could do so easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • A man who has his shit together and is secure in himself doesn't pursue a underage child. Nothing against you at all

1|2
    0|0
  • Explain to him that the age difference is kind of scary and that you only want to hang out with him as a friend. Perhaps also add that if he is really interested to wait till your an adult.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should block him. In two years if you want to pursue something and so does he then go for it. I would not trust him.

1|1
    0|0
  • Where I live the age of consent is 16 if the same is for you and if you both are interested why not. As long as nobody is being taken advantage of. I have friends who messed around with guys who are 28 when they were your age.

0|0
    1|0
    • lol and how did that go? if you're using the word 'messed around' doesn't sound like it went well. A 28yr old guy is a creep if he's dating a 16 year old, HE KNOWS the difference in power just due to his experience and her lack of. He knows he can easily take advantage of her. You're young, stop giving even younger girls bad advice using your friends bad life choices. smh

• It worked out great for them actually, they did part ways but they are still on good terms. And at the moment she is dating someone who's is 24 and it's going great. the people I hang out with are 20+ years old, so it's not that weird for us.

• Block him (:

0|0
    0|0
  • Block, I don’t care the scenario! B L O C K

1|0
    0|0
  • You should block the crap out of him. That’s gross.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don’t go out with him until you’re 18.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes