What is a good way to try to help a friend whose girlfriend just broke up with him?

We're on break from school, which means I'm 20 hours away from him, so I can't do a lot of the normal things I might try to do to cheer him up/distract him. Any ideas?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing you can do more than give him the space to navigate the pain and let him know you will be on the other side. There is no quick fix. Just let him know he is still valued by you and that once break is over you will bring him some gift or food or just be with him so he isn't lonely. Making him talk about it, or constantly trying to make him feel better only reminds him of the issue.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Other than letting him know you're there for him, just being your normal self and a friend is all you can do. Most guys want space and time to work it out themselves so if he doesn't want to talk about it with you, don't push or take it personally. We guys are very different that way then you women are. Even though we probably should lol, we often don't want to talk about it at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • try and make him laugh i guess, can't really give you advice from what someone did for me, cuz she's honest about everything, and don't hold back, even when i'm feeling down, but for me having a person like her, helps me, and she's good at making me laugh, it won't be a permanent solution though, but it will be a nice little break from the thoughts, and depressed state of being for him

1|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing you can do more than give him the space to navigate the pain and let him know you will be on the other side. There is no quick fix. Just let him know he is still valued by you and that once break is over you will bring him some gift or food or just be with him so he isn't lonely. Making him talk about it, or constantly trying to make him feel better only reminds him of the issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • play PUBG on steam together. or speak with other friends on discord on something.

0|0
    0|0
  • "How many happy relationships you know of where one person doesn't want to be with the other?"

0|0
    0|0
  • be there for him by offering support. allow him to vent to you if he needs too

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him going through relationships is part of life and try not to blame himself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relax, work on yourself, eat good food

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell him to play clash of clans

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes