What is a good way to try to help a friend whose girlfriend just broke up with him?

We're on break from school, which means I'm 20 hours away from him, so I can't do a lot of the normal things I might try to do to cheer him up/distract him. Any ideas?

010

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing you can do more than give him the space to navigate the pain and let him know you will be on the other side. There is no quick fix. Just let him know he is still valued by you and that once break is over you will bring him some gift or food or just be with him so he isn't lonely. Making him talk about it, or constantly trying to make him feel better only reminds him of the issue.