I love my boyfriend. But, what if love isn’t enough?

I love him dearly, and he loves me too. But, sometimes we are so different and have such different approaches to life and outlooks that we argue sometimes.

We are both learning and working on understanding each other, but, sometimes i get discouraged.

28

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no such thing as an ideal partner and love is almost never enough, for it is overshadowed by negativity and let's face it - love alone can't make two different people get along, unless they both yield some of their traits and opinions in favor of that of their partner. Most problems can be solved by communication and talking them out. Just make sure it happens before your love is still big enough.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes. We try and take the other person into consideration and be sensitive to certain things. We are both still young (i am 21 he is 25). We’ve had so many issues surrounding social media. I’ve learned to chill out a bit, he’s learned to tone down the activities that have bothered me. But, we still have different beliefs and opinions. And, i know in relationships, autonomy should be respected. So, maybe we both just need to 100% understand the other person.

• The important thing is you both care about each other. I wish you best of luck.

• You are right. Thank you so much :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you plan on having kids and if you both are so different on things, then it is probably best that you guys do not stay together.

If you do not plan on having kids and if you both are so different on things, then it can work if each of you is willingly to accept the differences.

If not, or if it is just one of you, then one of you will have to keep accepting and accepting until they do not even know why they are accepting. Is it just to get along or because they think it is correct. And what is better anymore - to get along or be righteous?

Not an easy question to face...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE