I love my boyfriend. But, what if love isn’t enough?

I love him dearly, and he loves me too. But, sometimes we are so different and have such different approaches to life and outlooks that we argue sometimes.

We are both learning and working on understanding each other, but, sometimes i get discouraged.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no such thing as an ideal partner and love is almost never enough, for it is overshadowed by negativity and let's face it - love alone can't make two different people get along, unless they both yield some of their traits and opinions in favor of that of their partner. Most problems can be solved by communication and talking them out. Just make sure it happens before your love is still big enough.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes. We try and take the other person into consideration and be sensitive to certain things. We are both still young (i am 21 he is 25). We’ve had so many issues surrounding social media. I’ve learned to chill out a bit, he’s learned to tone down the activities that have bothered me. But, we still have different beliefs and opinions. And, i know in relationships, autonomy should be respected. So, maybe we both just need to 100% understand the other person.

• The important thing is you both care about each other. I wish you best of luck.

• You are right. Thank you so much :)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you plan on having kids and if you both are so different on things, then it is probably best that you guys do not stay together.

If you do not plan on having kids and if you both are so different on things, then it can work if each of you is willingly to accept the differences.

If not, or if it is just one of you, then one of you will have to keep accepting and accepting until they do not even know why they are accepting. Is it just to get along or because they think it is correct. And what is better anymore - to get along or be righteous?

Not an easy question to face...

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• You are juat anxious without any reason. Just relax and stay happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Believe me the best way and the Secret is when you are talking put water in your mouth. After several times everything will go better

0|0
    0|0
  • Just chill it takes time to figure each other out how long have you two been together?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hang on... its gonna settle

1|0
    0|0
    • We have been dating for about 1.5 years now :/ some things have gotten better between us. But, it is still sad how we have to sometimes walk on eggshells about certain topics.

• Well then just dont talk about those topics... talk about some topics of common interest?

• Love is a battle no one has it easy

1|0
    0|0
  • Define love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if he loves you fuck the rest of the world

0|0
    0|0
    • I believe that he loves me. I love him a lot too. But, sometimes we are just so different, it hurts to have little quarrels sometimes because of misunderstandings. Like, for example, he likes to make jokes that poke fun at me. Sometimes, i take them personally (I’m more sensitive than him). And, then he gets upset i took it personally and believe he is attacking me, i get upset he thinks that, and so on... there are some things we can agree on, but a lot of things we aren’t maybe like 50/50 or so

• I've been with my wife 10 years and we are completely different we hardly agree on anything it's part of a relationship just tell him to not joke with you like that if my wife does something to hurt me I tell her same with her

What Girls Said 1

• If love isn't enough then just cherish what you have now, if there's no actual problems then be with him. if they are then tackle them on together and try to find a solution, dont settle though.

0|0
    0|0
    • The only problems are, we are different. I’m more sensitive and take things to heart. I also like relationships where we’re super close. He’s more into independence and he’s less sensitive :/

• Oh I see, ultimately if you can't come to an agreement and feel the vibe, the relationship will be lost :/

Recommended myTakes