Boyfriend help Part 2?

In the messages to the guy I had gone on about how my boyfriend was perfect he was smart and clever and kind and sweet and we enjoyed the same things but had enough differences to share opinions and have interesting conversations and that he just come out of a book or something that basically to me he was perfect. Now even before dating my boyfriend wasn't the greatest texter it'd take him hours to read or reply to texts but because he's always busy with uni , coursework and the gym. But recently it just seems like he's loosing interest maybe? Last weekend we were meant to go on a date and he called and cancelled said that he had to catch up on a lot of stuff for next week and that he was sorry but it'd have to be a pass. He would take longer and longer to reply or read up to 18 hours of not hearing from him at all and it's just like , I'm not someone who needs attention all the time and I understand he is busy but dropping a couple of texts in the morning or during the day would be nice , his replies seem shorter but he still asked me to dinner next weekend and said it'd have to be Friday because he leaves for Christmas on Friday night to go see family which is great for him. I just don't know if I've done something or if he is just stressed out with uni and stuff and I don't want to keep bothering him all the time so I just leave until I replied it just feels a bit like I'm always making an effort and sometimes get nothing back but I really actually like this one.

09

Most Helpful Guy

• The month before my ex dumped me she was displaying the same behaviors that this guy is doing. It would take forever for her to reply to my text messages and I also felt bad explicitly saying that I felt neglected.

• That is a big worry but we have only been going out for a few weeks so it's nothing major yet I don't know just seems a bit odd that texting and that he's awful at it but in person he is always the one to make sure people know , he always goes and holds my hands and if we are stopped he will hug me or keep me cuddled up and he always initiates kissing stuff like that I don't know if maybe he is scared to open up he already told me he's not very good at expressing his feelings. Like when he asked me out when I got home he messaged saying he was serious about the relationship and that he didn't want me to think he was being nonchalant about it but it's hard for him to express how he feels and joked that I should get him Drunk next time

• Try to talk with him in person and let him know how you currently feel about his behavior towards your relationship. It's better to fix these kinds of problems early on than try to fix them 5 years down the road. It seems like he's a good guy and will probably feel bad for kind of ignoring you but it'll be a learning experience for the both of you. Wish you the best of luck

• Thank you and I will and he's actually just messaged me which is odd he never usually does in the morning