Would you date someone if you were intimated by their looks?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated someone that I was intimidated bit after a while I was proud to be next to her and have other guys be jealous.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• It really depends on how much she is into me. Most women with exceptional beauty are repeatedly hit on by men and so they put up walls and obstacles as a way of weeding out and testing men. Why not? They have so much choice and they need to find out what man is really worth their time. It is only natural. I know if I had flocks of women chasing after me, my mentality would be that of abundance and would be looking to see what these women have to offer me and decide which one (s) are the best for me.

If I am intimidated by a woman's looks, it must be because I feel like I do not have as much to offer as other men who may be pursuing her. Most men who see a beautiful woman instantly assume that she has high-quality men in her life. That isn't to say that these men, including myself, don't see our own value and are confident in what we have to offer, it is just that there will always be different levels of physical looks, material wealth, ambition, dominance, life experience, and so on.

To put this in straight terms, even a cute woman who isn't a "10" in terms of looks, but more so "7" or "8", is going to have plenty of options.

Now, if any woman actively pursues me, who shows her interest to me, I will assume she sees me more than just a resource to be used. She will apparently be attracted to me on a deeper level. Despite all of her other options, she is choosing me. If that is the case, there is no way I could be intimated. Why should I? I am not going to be insecure and ask "why are you interested in me of all guys?" If she is interested and attracted to me, who am I to question that? I would just roll with it.

Of course, most guys don't get pursued by beautiful women. An attractive woman is going to want a guy who will at least show his interest clearly but with enough passiveness to show that he sees her as more than just her good looks and that if things don't work out, it is no big deal because he also has options. BUT, most guys don't have these kinds of options, at least not as like an "intimating" attractive woman.

Lots of people push the idea that there are instances of unattractive men hooking up with conventionally attractive women, and while that is certainly possible, it is no doubt a rarity. Most people put a high value on what they have to offer others rather than what they think others can offer them. Unfortunately, this transactional nature of relationships is very pervasive, or otherwise, people would be more content.

1|0
    0|0
    • "Now, if any woman actively pursues me, who shows her interest to me, I will assume she sees me more than just a resource to be used." Unless I was financially wealthy of course, but I am not.

• *was = were

• if a girl was a way out of my league and she gave me the time of day to date her then yes, not only would I date her I will be all over her every day and totally enjoy her body. I guess people are different so my answer maybe doesn't help much

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m asking out of curiosity. You made some good points.

• I'm sure people are worried about being cheated on and all sorts of things but it's just dating, still getting to know the person. but if she dates me then she picked me, and I should take full advantage of a Beauty lol

• From a guy perspective this question doesn't make much sense because if a guy were intimidated by a girls looks he wouldn't be able to act confident and thus not be able to attract a hot girl.

1|2
    0|1
  • I would like to, but mostly won't since that doest go well with my fear of being cheated on , and I wouldn't want to put the other person through a miserable relationship due to my problems.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would never get to the stage of dating if I was intimated by looks I would see her and go wow isn't she cute and never easy a thing to her cos I'm just that kind of wuss I don't want to be completely rejected

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I would. Worst they could do is leave me for someone better looking (not too hard to find either). I'd just have to move with life because that's the way it goes sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Laughing out loud. I want the best looking woman I can get possible. I'm not intimidated by anybody that looks awesome. I'm just looking for a nice sweet beautiful woman

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. We man don't have this "ohhh she's so hot so i will desmiss her and be alone..." women are. Specially if they are overweight they can think the guy it's too good looking shape, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be intimidated. I would be in aw of her everyday. I've been there before. My ex wife could have been a super model. I was 28 and she was 19. Most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. Being intimidated means that the person is attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Intimidated? Me? Nooooo... well maybe. Pale blue eyes make me go dizzy. Dies that count?

1|0
    0|0
  • Looks are not every thing.. what counts is what they inside like a great loving and careing heart. honesty. great personality.. respect...

1|0
    0|0
  • If I were intimidated by their loos I wouldn't even talk to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, you gotta live a little & take some risks. I'm not beneath the company of beauty.

1|0
    0|0
  • I totally would, but depending on how intimidated I am they would likely have to ask me out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Intimidated by looks, wut?

Which planet are we referring to?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.. in 80 years looks won't matter, just their heart

1|0
    0|0
  • what do you mean intimidated?

1|0
    0|0
  • Personality matters too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course
    Why not?

1|0
    0|0
  • sure, i would

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't buy a car based on just good headlights.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably not unless I got to know the gal

1|0
    0|0
  • That would be a reason to date

1|0
    0|0
  • Yepppp

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes hot

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not

1|0
    0|0
  • yes... why not

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if they would me

1|0
    0|0
  • Personality matters, Only if she manages well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• In what way intimidated?

1|0
    0|0
  • Nobody intimidates me. Tsk tsk

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes