Guys what gives you the impression women are all gold diggers?

I find it rude and offensive. Then on the other hand I think guys that use the term so freely are insecure. Do you feel you have nothing else to offer in a relationship? Money doesn’t make a man dateable. All the money in the world wouldn’t change a guys outlook on life. Do you see women as objects you need to buy?

135

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, but one thing I do find is that when there are gold diggers it is somewhat dejecting as to what it means about the values of some women & the trappings of natural selection we are still party to. I imagine being a famous athlete or entertainer only to be roped into baby mama drama by a woman who tried to feign feelings for you, only to cash in on your wealth through child support. That must not feel good, having to be on your guard for that shit.

I would never insinuate all woman are like that though, there's a gradient to how women are in this respect. Some women are Mother Theresa, not exactly putting a premium on expensive tastes & upper class living.

A lot of these guys are upset because they do wonder if there's anything else that could attract a woman about them, but also many of us have had firsthand experience with this type of woman, we've met them & their unapologetic ugliness.

Women aren't assets for purchase, but dating can be a lot about transactions. Especially when its boring or formulaic. You see dating characterized as 'dinner & a movie' often, & it isn't wrong that to enjoy some of the finer things in life like good tasting food & art to share with people you need money. Some men can never get enough of that good food and die at the age of 46 from a heart attack & some women just don't like the feeling of rarity in experiencing those finer things when on dates. We all like to imagine we live as rich people sometimes, like royalty. Well, some women demand to be treated like queens & shun any notion of a humble man.

It sucks to be pegged as being like someone who you are not, but I wouldn't recommend taking offense at it. Chances are these guys painting you with the broad brush are just fatigued with women making Them feel offended, or far worse. You don't owe them anything, though, & if they do possess what it takes to be more than just their wallet in a relationship they will eventually come around anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• A young adult son finally opens up to his mom about his fear that he will never find a girlfriend, because he's too ugly. What does the mother tell him to comfort him? "Don't worry about it, son. Just keep on studying to get the best paid job possible, and women will start chasing you. You won't even have to lift a finger." (I was internally shaking my head when I heard the story across the table and shaking internally once more when a mother of a son agreed with her.)
    Now, what will the son feel and think if not only his mother tells him that, but everyone else too?
    Of course, he'll see other young adults with girlfriends who are just as poor as him, but in his mind, they have girlfriends because they are more handsome than him, taller than him, they get more allowance or they spend all their allowance on her etc. filling the gaps without actually knowing the truth.