Guys what gives you the impression women are all gold diggers?

I find it rude and offensive. Then on the other hand I think guys that use the term so freely are insecure. Do you feel you have nothing else to offer in a relationship? Money doesn’t make a man dateable. All the money in the world wouldn’t change a guys outlook on life. Do you see women as objects you need to buy?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't, but one thing I do find is that when there are gold diggers it is somewhat dejecting as to what it means about the values of some women & the trappings of natural selection we are still party to. I imagine being a famous athlete or entertainer only to be roped into baby mama drama by a woman who tried to feign feelings for you, only to cash in on your wealth through child support. That must not feel good, having to be on your guard for that shit.

I would never insinuate all woman are like that though, there's a gradient to how women are in this respect. Some women are Mother Theresa, not exactly putting a premium on expensive tastes & upper class living.

A lot of these guys are upset because they do wonder if there's anything else that could attract a woman about them, but also many of us have had firsthand experience with this type of woman, we've met them & their unapologetic ugliness.

Women aren't assets for purchase, but dating can be a lot about transactions. Especially when its boring or formulaic. You see dating characterized as 'dinner & a movie' often, & it isn't wrong that to enjoy some of the finer things in life like good tasting food & art to share with people you need money. Some men can never get enough of that good food and die at the age of 46 from a heart attack & some women just don't like the feeling of rarity in experiencing those finer things when on dates. We all like to imagine we live as rich people sometimes, like royalty. Well, some women demand to be treated like queens & shun any notion of a humble man.

It sucks to be pegged as being like someone who you are not, but I wouldn't recommend taking offense at it. Chances are these guys painting you with the broad brush are just fatigued with women making Them feel offended, or far worse. You don't owe them anything, though, & if they do possess what it takes to be more than just their wallet in a relationship they will eventually come around anyway.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A young adult son finally opens up to his mom about his fear that he will never find a girlfriend, because he's too ugly. What does the mother tell him to comfort him? "Don't worry about it, son. Just keep on studying to get the best paid job possible, and women will start chasing you. You won't even have to lift a finger." (I was internally shaking my head when I heard the story across the table and shaking internally once more when a mother of a son agreed with her.)
    Now, what will the son feel and think if not only his mother tells him that, but everyone else too?
    Of course, he'll see other young adults with girlfriends who are just as poor as him, but in his mind, they have girlfriends because they are more handsome than him, taller than him, they get more allowance or they spend all their allowance on her etc. filling the gaps without actually knowing the truth.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• I don't think that most guys have that opinion about all women. Assuming that all guys have this belief is as misguided as assuming that all woman are gold diggers.

1|0
    0|0
    • You’re right. I should have worded my question differently. I don’t think all men have this opinion. Some for sure but not all.

• Yes. on this site it seems to be primarily the MGTOW crowd. Some women ARE gold diggers. I dated one for about two months earlier this year. Most women are not gold diggers.

• Only bitter guys think that way. They judge all women by the actions of some women and then bitch and moan when all guys get judged by the actions of some guys. I have known of infinitely more relationships where both parties were working and both parties contributed more or less equally. Perhaps I don't live in a world full of scrubs and others do.

4|0
    0|1
  • All women are NOT gold diggers. Any rational male will know that. Most men assume exceptionally beautiful women have the distinct possibility of being a gold digger though due to all the options she has and how physical beauty holds so much value to men. It becomes transactional. "I am gorgeous, and I have 100s of men who want to get with me, so I deserve a partner with X salary, Y career, and Z personality."

However, the vast majority of women I feel are much more simple. Many know of their own beauty but just want to be appreciated for more than that. Sure, it would be nice to have a guy with resources, but there are things that are more important.

Personally, I am a take it or leave it kind of guy. What you see is what you get. If you are beautiful and you feel I am not good enough for you, then screw it. I am not going to bend over backward to impress those kinds of women anyway. Sure, I wish I had better social skills, charm, charisma, and so forth to be able to express myself better with women, but that is beside the point. I am not going to fundamentally change myself unless it is FOR myself. This especially goes for my career and salary. I am working to improve that aspect of my life, but I am doing it for me. If I had children, I would be doing it for them, but to do it for a woman who just wants to take advantage of my resources? No, that isn't going to happen, nor am I going to pursue financial wealth just to impress women.

I think a guy being wealthy is a nice bonus, and yes, some in-demand women (because of how many options they have), will see it more of a requirement than the average. I think men tend to overestimate how much real options most women have though. Sure, many men come on to women, even average cute/gorgeous women, but compatibility is far more nuanced, and while the women are hit on from time to time, that doesn't mean they even consider these suitors as "options" at all and that has nothing to do with money or status, and more to do with personal compatibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • Could be the fact that Donald Trump continues to get hot-ass women.

Women are attracted to power and status, it’’s plain and simple. Your last sentence is just stupid, you’re implying that women don’t have enough sense to be able to make rational decisions and that it’s all men’s fault.

1|0
    0|0
    • Aren’t you full of charm. If you would have taken the time to read and comprehend what I was conveying you would have understood my point or at least had a reply worth debating.

• I comprehended exactly what you’re saying.

• Because all women are interested in is money. Most women expect to marry up, meaning they expect to marry someone who makes more money. Studies also show that more educated women who make more money expect to date up even more than women who don't, which is just asinine. The higher up you go on the pay scale, the fewer people there are that even exist that make more money. Statistics agree that women are gold diggers, so why should we think any different?

1|0
    0|0
    • If you’re going to say statistics show anything you need to provide what statistics are the source of such a statement. No one pays any attention to you otherwise.

• Not all guys have that impression, they probably just had bad experiences. No different than women that had their hearts broken too many times and assume all guys are jerks. A lot of women are gold diggers, even if they don't think they are, but everyone is different.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well there are women that don't care for anything but his money... So I don't get why you find it offensive. I think being like this is despicable and should be frowned upon.

I find it funny that women always twist everything in ways so that they are the victim, when clearly men are the victim of objectification here.

1|0
    0|0
    • The point is that it doesn't apply to all women, the same as how saying "all men just want sex" generalizes men. People are quick to say "all" based off the actions of a few. And it happens on both sides

• Show All
    • I refer to the description.

• @Gianna17 and @pink1980
      I realize it's not done with just one sentence so here's an elaboration on the issue:

Men often feel reduced to their materialistic property. Much in a way that women often feel reduced to their body.

However it still feels unfair to us men cause let's just assume we are all objectifying each other, men need to be wealthy, have a good house, good car, good income, prestigious career and a fit and muscular body on top of all this.
      All a woman needs to bring to the table is: not to be fat and not to be a complete bitch (she can even be a complete bitch if she's slim with big boobs)

I know we don't see each other as objects but sometimes we feel objectified... Specially if being confronted with rejection.

It feels like as a man you need to bring so much more to the table, which is why my initial argument was, that when it comes to objectification, men are the clear losers, not women.

• You're right. It's a lot of insecurity thst makes men say this. I hope of course you realize tho that the cliche is based on truth. They are of course not all gild diggers. But the way in which those who digg do it is pretty flabbergasting (i just learned thst word! Not sure if it fits)

1|0
    0|0
    • Flabbergasting is probably not the best word I would’ve used something like astounding

• No, many women have been known to do this. The woman who marries a 40 year old and she is 20 or whatever. A woman isn't something you buy she is a companion and best friend. However I wouldn't call gold diggers women at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • No not all woman is for beautiful companionship and love.
    Despite the fact that women are different from men many ways, there's no charm in life of a man without love and companionship of a woman.
    Life without woman would become quite boring, dull and colorless...

1|0
    0|0
    • * No, a woman is for beautiful companionship and love.

PS : Editing does not seem to be possible, so the first sentence is actually as written above.

• I, personally, reserve the phrase "gold digger" to someone (male or female) who dates a man (or woman) solely or mainly for their money or because he or she knows that person will buy him or her whatever they want any time they can.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is the typical trap. The asker makes a statement disguised as a question. First of all you imply ALL guys are calling all women gold diggers, which as you know is not right. If you have a problem with some guy who thinks you are a gold digger why don’t you just figure it out with him instead of coming here and asking for help by making this ridiculous statement? Communicate with whatever guy is bugging you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys use that as a deflection to cover the fact that they can't get a girlfriend. Let's be real , gold diggers go after really rich guys... not guys who barely make their rent. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I belive most women are gold diggers, actually it's scientifically proven most women are. But also, it's a natural thing that happens even in the wild. I don't judge women for it, it's their right. Just like I base what I'm looking for in a girl on her looks. Everyone has their preferences

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think it could possibly be scientifically proven that most women are golddiggers. Anyone who would believe your nonsense knows nothing just like you apparently know nothing.

• We're you deprived oxygen as a nipple sucker? Tard cake

• @seldomlySavage- as a nipple sucker still, you should be more mindful of who you choose to confront on here- this area is for adults so run along and play now, the adults are trying to talk/ 😂

• I don’t think every men has that opinion
    Some of them have but not all
    On this site find many women gold diggers but not all!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if this is what your finding unlucky you because I have never called Simone a good digger and no one I know has either but probably different country's

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, whenever a woman states she won't have sex with me until I enter into a relationship with her, I'll be all like "I prefer my whores honest and without fantasies of owning my ass."

1|0
    0|0
  • I never see women as objects. But if the girl keeps asking me to buy her something then she is a golddigger.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont think that all women are gold diggers.
    I think some women are loyal and want Commitment and love from a man, instead of his money

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah when you have less money than someone else, almost (not all) all girls would chose the richer one

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes