Anyone else have a horrible time with internet dating?

It's almost three years since I first made my OkCupid account. I had one relationship that ended with me being cheated on after a month but nothing other than that. Everything else was either fake profiles or rude people. Anyone else have the same problem or am I alone here?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Internet dating is pretty shit. I have found that men on OKC are either ugly, disgusting (as in too sexual and too aggressive) or really fucking weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a complete waste of time, especially for guys. Not only do I think very few people take it seriously in any way, but women get so many messages (often unwanted ones) that most become overwhelmed and quit the site, and/or just don't reply to messages. I've been on a lot of sites over the years and had very limited success. Only produced maybe, 2 or 3 actual dates from them (over the course of several years I might add), and none of them went anywhere. Only 1 we actually had 3 dates, but ultimately still didn't go anywhere.