Anyone else have a horrible time with internet dating?

It's almost three years since I first made my OkCupid account. I had one relationship that ended with me being cheated on after a month but nothing other than that. Everything else was either fake profiles or rude people. Anyone else have the same problem or am I alone here?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Internet dating is pretty shit. I have found that men on OKC are either ugly, disgusting (as in too sexual and too aggressive) or really fucking weird.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a complete waste of time, especially for guys. Not only do I think very few people take it seriously in any way, but women get so many messages (often unwanted ones) that most become overwhelmed and quit the site, and/or just don't reply to messages. I've been on a lot of sites over the years and had very limited success. Only produced maybe, 2 or 3 actual dates from them (over the course of several years I might add), and none of them went anywhere. Only 1 we actually had 3 dates, but ultimately still didn't go anywhere.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 5

• I have had very good results with Plenty Of Fish.

1|1
    0|0
  • Been on dating sites since 18 years old with 3 dates to my name from them and all sucked. Didn't go further than the one date. You have to understand that girls have a serious advantage in the online dating world. They get their inbox flooded as long as they're somewhat attractive. Some just use it as a self esteem boost and when they start up an account, they can usually find a date within the day if they wanted to. For guys it's the exact opposite. They'll message something heartfelt and put effort into their message, but get nothing back... not even a "sorry, not interested". If a girl sent a heartfelt message, they would be much more likely to get a reply. The thing about dating sites is you get a bunch of egotistical girls that think they can get the hottest shit out there, which is true to an extent because they can literally choose from their flooded inboxes, which one they feel like talking to.

I'm currently using OkC because I like the UI and the questions that match you with people, but Badoo has the most attractive girls in my opinion. Tinder pretty much never gets replies for me. But they all have one thing in common. They're a time passer when bored/depressed/lonely. Just swipe left or right to pass time.

0|1
    0|0
  • A lot of girls online are rude, so don't take that as a personal thing.

As for the cheating thing I doubt they wanted anything serious. I know, it's strange - a man who wants to commit and the woman cheating on him.

I'm conflicted when it comes to online dating. Part of me likes it, but you can't have standards if you wanna get dates there.

0|1
    0|0
  • Mine has been surprisingly successful. My first date from Tinder turned into a 2 year relationship and my first date from Fetlife is still an on-going relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • That's a joke to me most woman are looking for rich men and they want to massage their egos

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes