In your opinion does online dating work?

All I hear is that men online are creeps, weirdos who can't get dates in real life which is why they try and find women online. Is this true?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well its not not true. There are a lot of those. But it seems to me that you're at the very least considering online dating. So are you a weirdo that can't get dates in person? Probably not. So why should it be different for guys?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Hmm true.
      It's just the stories you here mainly concern men as being the predators and innocent women going to meet them. You never hear that about women

• Probably because guys are supposed to be initiators in relationships. For every message a women sends a guy will send dozens. Women just have to sit back and watch their inboxes fill up.

I say give it a shot and judge for yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Online dating totally works. But you need to be careful. There is more weirdo than real man. If you talk to many guys, you can find out in less than ten minutes if the guy worth to talk to, or better to get rid off.
    If you are lucky enough, you can find your dream man, like i did.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 47

• Yes, online dating works but it's very time consuming. Now I'm not talking from personal experience but very close to. I have two close male friends that met girls on dating sites and they ended up marrying. From meeting to marrying took close to 2 years for both. Now these guys were serious of why they were on the dating sites. They didn't let themselves get too distracted by just chatting and having fun and hooking up with a few girls they met by giving them a line. But both guys were fairly attractive and had something going for them. One was on his way to becoming a pilot and the other was on the way to becoming journeyman electrician. In other words. they both had jobs; more than just a high-school education; both had cars. both had places of their own. From hearing from girls on here that spend time on dating sites, most guys they date don't even have a car especially if they're from another country, and many don't even have a job. They often don't even show up for a date and yet the girl will feel he's worth her time. The guy or girl that are unsuccessful usually haven't set any minimum standards, or boundaries or objectives. Most girls I've spoken to are highly flattered by complements and easily sidetracked. The mechanism is there - the dating site - but if the person using it wants to seriously find a partner to date they both have to put something of value into it. They have to have something going in their life that's of value. They can't be just looking for hookups or just teasing and flirting (and lying) and expect to get something of value out of it. Like any other endeavor, you get out what you put in. If you put in a lot of time and effort, you'll be successful. But you can't waste time chatting and flirting with dead end people. You have to end conversations as soon as you see it's not going to work. You have to find them attractive to you; you have to like their personality; you have to like what's going for them; You want someone that wants to be successful in what they've doing. You want them to pursue you as much as you pursue them - the guy pursuing the girl more than she's pursuing him. (at least at the start) You can't be after sex right away. No sending questionable;e sex pictures. When it comes to pictures send the best that you can. A couple pieces of advice: Don't waste time with people as soon as you rule them, out. Start dating as soon as you rule them in. At this point the other person will feel the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it would be better for a woman in terms of getting people to message you but it may not be better in terms of results. It depends on the person. Like for me, I think that online dating could be a good option for me because I can't break out of my shell for most girls. I'm just awkward around them, but that's just me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is indeed better to meet in 3D, but here's a scenario where it might work- let's say you're a guy in North America, Europe, or ANZUL and want to meet a woman who lives in the Philippines, China, Thailand, or Vietnam before you travel there to meet her. Or some other similar circumstance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol it can't be. I think finding a date in reality is difficult thats why its more acceptable to do now

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmm that's true.
      And also someone you meet in real life could be a psycho too

• Haha exactly. Lose lose situation till u get lucky

• Men were never taught growing up how to approach and attract women so they never do it. If you know how to do it it really isn't that difficult though and you get a leg up on your competition for having more balls.

• Sometimes! Be cautious though about the guy's criminal background😂

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks! Which reminds me I once dated a guy from online after three dates I found out he had been in prison and had just been released. He told me he'd given me a fake name and now he wanted to be honest.

I've never run fast enough

• Show All
    • Haha omg!

• Inbox me :)

• Online dating works and to make it work its all about making positive choices and decisions especially for women because women are constantly getting hits online. Their are a lot of great men online but most of time it's hard to choose from, as long as your cautious, mature, responsible, and keeping yours open for red flags; you will avoid creeps, weirdos, dangerous man, and players.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some men are creeps, and they're a lot more vocal about it being given an online platform. They probably don't vocalise their opinions irl, so it explodes abruptly when they finally do it online.

Still, not all men are like that. You'll find some who are genuinely looking for a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • me and my wife met through a friend of he's at that times 16 years ago in a chatroom. 3 hours after i met my wife i asked her to marry me. she said yes two days later and two months and one day after we met we got marries. and we are still together and married 16 years later

0|1
    0|0
  • Women get bombarded by tons of messages from creeps and a-holes. So they end up missing the actual normal good guys. And for men we message women, and rarely get a reply. Seems like a lot of fake, non used profiles too. I have tried for years, got 2 dates and a hook up out of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really unless you are exceptionally fit or hilarious.
    I tried and had some success in the past but not anymore i do have social anxiety and i'm not into getting drunk and high to meet people so where else does one meet someone really? So its the more introverted or socially isolated way to meet people for hookups or to date

0|0
    0|0
    • I've got more followers on here in 24 hours thsn contacts off 3 dating sites in 7 weeks. Funny old world...

• Show All
    • Totally get that feeling. Until I discovered if a date doesn't go well, at least make it memorable!!!

• @ManwithaConran Just do all the things you want to do alone and they come to you eventually I've had random women touch my tattoos and abs when i had them at the pool i didn't mind lol I go to restaurants and movies and stuff and sometimes ill be like one table for a bachelor lol

• You'll find all sorts on any given site. Most of them are just normal people looking for someone to spend time with. Just keep in mind that the site's main objective is to make money, which often means trying to keep members actively using the site. Don't be afraid to reach out first if you like someone. Just because you swiped right on them doesn't necessarily mean they'll see you any time soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... and no, some people just lack the confidence for face to face introductions, so they build rapport from under their security blanket. After they build more confidence they are able to be more comfortable meeting a person for the first time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I use dating sites to try to find someone. And from what I see and hear. Both men and women are weirdos and perverts. lol but not all of us are. I don't want nude pics or just want to hook up. So there are some weird ones and then there are good honest ones. So just be careful

0|0
    0|0
  • You're pretty accurate there. Whilst some use online dating to supplement other ways to meet people, some are on there because they don't get out and have no social skills. This applies to both genders however.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Competition is very rough for guys. You're (I'm) better off getting rejected IRL or being alone most of the time, of which I choose the latter because I don't have $200 a week to be spending on drinks and shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating was made for people who aren't good in socializing to find dates, or find it hard to talk to women!

So to answer your question, it does work. But there is some rules to follow to make it work.

1- For me as a guy. Online dating does help me a little bit, cause honestly i'm not that good in going there & talk or flirt with strange women i don't know in person at first, not until we get to know each other (I can talk or flirt to women with no problems like my coworkers or if there is something in common to talk to & it's easier that way).

2- About weirdos. For you as women you will definitely have too many hard options to choose from. Sometimes you need to trust your instincts & be cautious to prevent meeting different types of hurtful men.

There might be a few things i forgot to mention. But if you needed any further info about this topic, don't hesitate asking me! After all that's why we're all here, so we can help each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my current wife online. We've been together for 10 years and married for 8.

0|0
    0|0
  • It works if you avoid the free sites. Women seem to find creepy men and men seem to find women who are just as bad. Just the nature of the internet I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I’ve been doing that for almost 4 years now and I’ve never found anyone compatible. I’ve also messaged people over 300 times within that time , only 2 replies and they were sex obsessed women. Not serious about dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been trying online dating for almost three years now with almost no success. It's worth a shot but nothing good for me

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• From my experience no. I only met assholes and perverts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but actually it depends on two people

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes