Would you date a girl who has/had violent parents?

My parents beat me 12 years long. But we get along now. Would you date such a girl?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "We get along now"

I'd date a girl who had abusive parents but did the smart thing and removed them from her life as soon as possible. I wouldn't date her if they are still a part of her life, and she's naive enough to trust them.

It wouldn't matter to me if she forgave her parents. If I was in love with her, *I* wouldn't forgive them. If she still had contact with them, it would cause too much conflict.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just don't copy their behavior and you'll find yourself a man

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Is that the only criteria? If the girl and I got along well, had things in common, enjoyed each others company, and cared for each other it wouldn't matter worth a damn how her parents behaved. But I certainly would be very sensitive to her past and possible emotional scars.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably look into therapy if you see any flags hindering your relationships. The women I've dated who have shows borderline-like behavior and other personality disorders come from somewhat nefarious backgrounds. Personally, I don't care about a woman's past until it shows up in the relationship and she doesn't do anything to heal from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • A broken girl is like a broken mirror, you have to pick up the pieces and fix the mirror. So in other words, you have to make the girl whole again before you date her or love.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. That should determine attraction (physical, emotional, spiritual, etc). We all have dirty laundry in our past... It's what we do with that laundry that matters.

0|0
    0|0
  • What does it matter? Her parents could've thrown her into a dumpster as a baby, or her brother could have tried to kill her. Why would any of it matter?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. She's broken. I once dated a girl who was sexually abused and she took it out on me. I don't need that.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing that matters is the girl not her family and past stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but I would have a low opinion of her parents and be quite protective

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes just because your parents could not control there anger doesn't mean you can not !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would the past u had is person that made u. You and if of I fell for that person then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes