Why is it that men have to make the first move?

Just wondering. I know women do it too, but for the most part from what I have seen and the conversations I have had, its always that men have to make the first move. Me personally, I don't see the point, simply because a lot relationships end in failure and I have to be the one to put myself out there while women typically do not (hate to generalize) because they get approached regardless (or cat called lmao). Is it an ego thing? Is it a control thing? Having an edge over men because women are not putting themselves at risk so to speak with the first approach? What are your thoughts? Debates are welcomed. Also I am aware I am a bit biased because I am a guy, even so, I can't deny my experiences based on my gender.

26

Most Helpful Girl

• i find its harder to ask a man as i see them as the dominant ones so for me its purley out of being to shy or embarresed i would personally rather wait till the man asks as then i know he is interested in taking us further rather than to scare him off or pushing him away by asking him maybe to soon? i dont know the pure thought of ruining a chance with a good man because of scaring him of by making him feel uncomfortable by asking a question he may not want to here. we dont want to be judged on that one thing. its different for different people so like to see other people opinions to

• We feel the same way tho, we are just as scared of freaking out a girl by asking her out. That's kinda my point, yet we have to approach

• hmmm i didn't know that tbh im really shy so it would be more of a fear lol im quite submisive when it comes to relationships anyway so its prevents me doing a lot of stuff and over thinking simple stuff like laying in bed to worried to move incase i wake the other up or asking for favours like getting something of a shelf to high. i thinks its more to do with my past experience with ex as it was a bad 3 years. i would rather struggle doing stuff myself than ask for help so asking someone to be mine would be a nightmare for me to try. im sorry i couldnt be much help. im hoping to see other girls comment

Most Helpful Guy

• Plain and simple. Women offer more value as far as reproduction. There will always be another guy that is interested in her. Men have to compete and one of the rituals in competition is making the first move.

• What about people who do not want kids? Are men not seen with reproductive value as well?

• Sperm is cheap. Eggs are expensive. The question of "what if they don't want kids" is interesting. I can't tell if biology or sociallogy would win. I am not qualified to answer beyond that.

• That's fair