Guys, Would You Prefer?

Hello, gents!

So, I have a kind of strange, but interesting question for you. When it comes to first dates or just getting to know someone or even if you haven't seen each other in a while, would you prefer to go out to have a drink or to get a meal with a person or would you mind if she came to your home? Or would you rather go to hers, to have her cook for you?

I am genuinely curious which side men fall into more because I'm the type who would rather stay in and display skills I know I have and keep it more private, maybe even a little bit more romantic...

So, what do you guys think? If you could offer any advice or opinions, please let me know! Thank you so much! 😘💜

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think staying home and having a cooked meal is better wether i cook or she cooks or we cook together. However on first dates its best to be in public for your safety if you dont know the guy. If its a old friend you might be ok being at home

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• if the woman is comfortable to come to my home that would be my choice. One of my passions is cooking and it is nice to indulge in some great food with fine company.

I live by the beach. After dinner, maybe go for a walk by the seaside. Especially if it is Summer to watch the sun set. In Winter, might be a tad chilly

1|0
    0|0
  • Early on in the relationship I'd rather go out. After a month or so I'd rather stay in and relax with her. Going out is nice some of the time, but not most of the time in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
    • I just like doing something nice like that for a guy. Also, you can talk and not worry about being overheard or not being able to hear the other person if a place is too loud.

• Normally I would not expect many women to do the my place or yours on a first meeting. Part of it is the normal paranoia of Internet dating but that has been a general social norm forever.

Still, I would personally be quite happy with that. The normal go for a coffee is just too uninteresting. I live on the creek and have invited a date to go boating before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Inviting someone is cool. It rarely happens tho... Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • An invitation for a real meal is usually a winner. It helps his budget and guys like a little privacy as well. Offer to bring over a beer or wine, whatever he likes) is good too.

0|0
    0|0
  • -First few dates for me would be coffee (I don't drink anymore) or a meal out.
    -Getting to know someone would be the same as above as I equate the first few dates the "getting to know you" stage (hence my question of Do you thing there should be a phase like "get to know you" before dating? ↗ from a few weeks ago).
    -If I haven't seen her in awhile, depending on if I've been away or she has, go to the person's home that has NOT been away since when getting home, stuff still has to be put away and isn't conducive to "other things."

For me, it all depends on the scenario.

1|0
    0|0
  • If we've only texted or meet online I prefer the safe route... Coffee somewhere. If we've seen each other as acquaintances and know more of each other... Then any of the above would be ok by me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hiiiii

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

Recommended myTakes