Would you ever date a woman who is down on her luck?

I'm 31 and have been struggling with unemployment for the last 2 years. My boyfriend of 6 years left me because he couldn't deal with the stress of me not finding a job. I'm now living back at home, and am feeling like I'm about to hit rock bottom. I want to date, but I don't want to burden a guy with my problems, and I feel like no guy would want to date me now.

323

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. We've all had issues one time or another in our lives. Just because you're having trouble finding a job, doesn't mean that we should break up - unless you aren't putting a legitimate effort in finding one. Then, I could understand why your boyfriend dumped you. But the economy is rather bad right now, and has been for a while. Maybe consider a different career or try ANY job if you're not finding one in your preferred field.

• My ex wanted me to settle for a minimum wage, dead-end job, even though I hold 2 Masters degrees. He didn't understand that the amount of time and effort I put into getting my education. I didn't work this hard in life to just throw it all away.

• Is there a possibility of you opening up your own business in your field?

• Thanks very much for MHGO.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your man left you while you were broke it sounded like he was living off of you, that's not a real boyfriend. But I also never got why someone can be dead broke thinking about love, at least you have your family to lean on, some of us have to do it alone. That being said I cannot think about dating when I am broke, unless it's a man who till uplift and help me financially.