Why do some HIGH SCHOOL teachers date their students?

Do some HIGH SCHOOL teachers date their students because the students are hot, because they are smart, or both? Please don't answer things like "oh, because they are pedos." I am looking for a serious answer. I am talking about HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS. NOT college teachers. How is it that a teacher develops feelings or simple sexual attraction towards a student? What are some signs that a teacher is developing feelings towards a student? How does this happen? Do these relationships last?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• I have taught since the early 90's and have had many opportunities to date, or bed students. You go nowhere near it for it is your profession and you are passionate about it. You want to have a positive effect in young peoples life and as a result shape Society for the better in the present/future.

As for your poser, there are sadly bellends. Who cross a line they should never go within a mile of but I think they are a very minute minority.

Maybe, one in a 10000

Most Helpful Girl

• You're kidding, right? If a professional Educator is stupid enough to date their student they may as well kiss their career and education goodbye. Not only is it frowned upon within the educational community, it's something that is taught not to do in their student teaching practicum, as well as highly frowned upon by society in general. My mom is a high school teacher, I know for certain that her school district and most all districts as well have mandated training on guarding the teacher against inappropriate levels of relationships with students. My husband is working on his state board and teachers credentials, he's already invested a Masters Degree, time and a lot of money in it; I doubt he's going to fulfill some delusional school girl fantasy to lose a professional carreer, a wife he loves, and face time in prison for some precocious fifteen or sixteen year old jail bait girl! To even insinuate that kind of idea is just plain being nieve!

• What if they are single, bitch?

• For the mere reason your employer, your community tells you that it is wrong as a person in athourity over students to enter into a romantic affair with a student. Even though some of these young teachers are only a few years older than their students it doesn't make it right for an adult to be in what's the law says is an improper and illegal relationship. There have been multiple teachers in the news just the last two years or so whom have been stripped of their teaching credentials then sent to prison for getting involved with students then marked with a sex offender label whether they willingly or were lured, look up Mary Kay Laterneau (sp), she is like the poster child for teachers having an affair with an under aged student. If it was right then everyone would be dating their teacher! Sorry if the truth offended you.

• Thank You!!