Why did he ask me that?

So me and my ex had a long distance relationship and met once or twice a month. One day he out of the blue started ignoring me:/ i managed to get him to talk and he said he wanted to stay friends cuz he didn't feel it as a relationship as we dont see eachother often enough. He said we will meet whenever possible and stuff...
Two weeks passed by and he messaged me and sounded like very interested in talking to me. Anyway, we talked and all of a sudden he asked me if i have a new boyfriend. I said I don't know and he said "how come u dont know " and i said "no i dont have one yet" and he said "aaaa ccool :D " and i said "haha" and he didn't reply.
Why would he care? Plus we haven't seen eachother in two months and do u think he will message me again to meet or like idk? Why did he care to ask me that and then disappear?

04

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in the same position and done the same things, I've dated girls over long distance but a month or two into the relationship there won't be any arguments yet I personally realise I don't have feelings for that person anymore, no matter how pretty or special to me they are. I just find it pointless to be in a relationship with a person that you cannot cuddle, kiss, or hug. I need them to be there.