Woman I'm dating is black, but my family doesn't like black people?

I told her about this, but she still wants to go to the family Christmas party anyway. What should I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You are now an adult. One of the many perks of adulthood is that you can stop being controlled by your family and start having your own free will and make your own decisions. So if you are okay with it, and I'm not a racist so I can't understand why you wouldn't be okay with it, don't give a single fuck about what your family thinks. They can't control you anymore. Also, I can't find a kind way to say this, but your family must be a bunch of racists. Racism is wrong. Your family is full of bad people, and I'm sorry for the straightforwardness. You should not care about race. Don't listen to your family.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• tell her that your family doesn't like black people, and you would rather have a lovely time with her for Christmas than expose her to bigotry and racism for Christmas.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Let her know the truth and see what she’s comfortable with and let her decide. If she wants to go with you to the party still, take her. She would feel very uncomfortable if she is blindsided and it won’t be a look for you if you tell her after the party the truth. Also if you don’t invite her and tell her afterwards the reason why, that will seem to her like you’re embarrassed of her.

1|1
    0|0
  • The girl your dating is black and your family is racist and you don't want to bring her around your racist family I will try to convince her not to go because it's going to cause drama she's can't force anybody to accept her or like her and that's their problem not hers so what y'all should do is have your own Christmas party together and show her how much she means to you I understand that your family and all but if you're planning a future with this woman hypothetically speaking she needs to know that she's important that she comes first if you go to the party without her that's going to show her what you really feel about her and what you really think and that's how she's going to take it possibly more so they're not good luck to you

2|0
    0|0
  • No offence but your family is racist. They shouldn't judge who you love just becuz of the race. Don't bring her to the party cuz that might possibly cause a chaos

2|0
    0|0
  • I mean that depends, do you think you're family will ever change their minds? Because I think she's planning on making them accept her regardless

1|0
    0|0
  • Let her go if she wants you did warn her. But does your family know you are dating a black woman?

1|0
    0|0
  • You should take her and be proud. Show her off. Shut down anyone who makes a racist remark. She is a black woman. She has probably already experienced racism.

1|0
    0|0
    • I would agree with you on taking her and being proud and showing her off but with (some) white people that are racist-the in-your-face racist, she's might have to fight his family that's the Assumption and it's better not to go and be around all that drama when people are making snide comments and remarks. why make yourself uncomfortable in someone else's home? when you could be at your own home or with your own family and your man having a good time? you can't force anyone to accept you so end of the day is best to just do your own thing you're not going to come around if they've been racist all their lives are going to continue to be racist and if she's anything like me and they say the wrong thing I'm going to jail she may not be like me and have more decorum I don't know. somebody might swing on her just cuz she's black. That's just too messy!

• Respect your family's wishes and don't be a basic degenerate.

0|1
    4|1
  • You love her then take her because she loves you

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't bring her

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn 💀

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 11

• If she is planning a stick it in your face event then don't let her come. If it is to let them have a chance to judge after we meet them that will be ok. However, you must be prepared to make choices. You will probally be asked to make choices between people. If it is someone you are just dating don't push it. No surprises. They need to know whose is coming. It isn't fair to surprise them. Just remember a Christmas party is not a place to have serious race relation debates. Its a party.

0|0
    0|0
  • Black, yellow, pink. Doesn't matter.

The Personallity is the main object, not her look.

Tell them "IDC who you like or not, i like her and i will bring her and you will like her also".

0|1
    0|0
  • You have to live with her, not them. Personally I don't really care as its not their future, but yours. My parents also have issues with Jewish people, yet the woman I'm seeing now is Jewish. And? Who cares? I love her.

0|0
    0|0
  • 😂😂
    She sounds confrontational. She wants acceptance n she prolly won't get it
    Which means clear the day after cause she's guna pull a hissy fit

1|0
    0|0
  • If they don't accept her then don't go to the party

1|0
    0|0
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHZSTwJxix0
    reverse fashion but you get the idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't now depends on how hard core racist your family is how bad a time she'll have.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't think they will harass her, they will just have it in the back of their minds.

• Probably nothing will happen then.

• Sooner or later your family will find out, and you should be proud of her

0|0
    0|0
  • Break up. Family comes first.

0|0
    5|1
  • these sort of situations are more common than ever as inter racial dating has exploded in popularity

you can either not bring her or bring her and see how it goes

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes