Woman I'm dating is black, but my family doesn't like black people?

I told her about this, but she still wants to go to the family Christmas party anyway. What should I do?

1312

Most Helpful Girl

• You are now an adult. One of the many perks of adulthood is that you can stop being controlled by your family and start having your own free will and make your own decisions. So if you are okay with it, and I'm not a racist so I can't understand why you wouldn't be okay with it, don't give a single fuck about what your family thinks. They can't control you anymore. Also, I can't find a kind way to say this, but your family must be a bunch of racists. Racism is wrong. Your family is full of bad people, and I'm sorry for the straightforwardness. You should not care about race. Don't listen to your family.

Most Helpful Guy

• tell her that your family doesn't like black people, and you would rather have a lovely time with her for Christmas than expose her to bigotry and racism for Christmas.