Guys, how important is it for you that your girlfriend/wife has a job?

Some guys are just fine with supporting their girlfriend or wife. Are you?
  • 5/5 extremely important
  • 4/5 very important
  • 3/5 somewhat important
    Vote C
  • 2/5 not that important
    Vote D
  • 1/5 not important at all
    Vote E
  • See results (for girls)
    Vote F

2053

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on factors such as:
    - can they manage with just one paycheck?
    - are they both healthy?
    - is the person who doesn't bring in a paycheck contributing to their life quality in some other way? Are they helping taking care of an ill relative? Taking care of the kids? Keeping the house on top notch, clean clothing and warm meals on the table?

Because all of these things cost money, and even though you may have the money to eat out everyday if both of you're working, are you eating healthy? Are you stressing out you still have X to do after getting home and do not spend quality time with each other?

Of course all of this depends on each person, what your jobs are, until how late you work, where you live in - near the family or far away from the family with no one to help out in case something happens, etc.
    Personally, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm fine with supporting her.

However, I think it's important for her own self esteem to have a job, earn her own money etc.

If she hated it, and it was making her miserable, I wouldn't have a problem with her giving it up. Fortunately, that's not the case, though.

• You're a good quality guy. Lots of guys on here are cheap gold diggers who believe that women should pay for dates even when the guy asked her out.