I really like him. Does he like me? Why do I get asked about him HELP?

I recently started liking this guy. Let's call him Kade. Before I liked him though, all my guy friends would ask me about Kade and if I would go with him to the dance or if I was interested in him. I always lied and said no, I found him attractive but didn't like him. I gave no indication that I was interested. I got asked about this specific guy at least 4 times by all his friends. He was the only guy they asked me about, they never mentioned other guys. Then I got asked if I would go to the dance with him and I finally told the truth and said yes and that I thought he was good looking. Now I like him and a couple days ago I caught him staring at me, but he looked away quickly. I was at a Christmas party last night and a mutual friend asked me if I was dating anyone. I said no. Then he said, "Well how about Kade?" It was so random. We don't talk much. Kade is good friends with all the other girls but he doesn't really talk much to me usually. Does it mean anything if his friends always ask me if I am interested in him? Even though I gave no indication that I liked him and didn't even like him at one point and we don't talk.

01