Would you change your lifestyle for your other half?

Anonymous
My boyfriend is vegetarian and so is his family - they are Indian. I’m a meat eater and have been all my life - I’m Chinese. My boyfriend told me because I will be moving into his house who he lives with his widowed mother, I cannot eat meat in the house or even bring any meat into the house. I don’t know how I feel about it as a long term permanent thing because I know marriage is on the cards. He says eating meat outside of the house is fine, just not in the family Home especially since I will be living with his widowed mother.

Is he asking too much? Would you change your lifestyle for your other half just to be with him? Do you think he is not being considerate of how I feel. It’s a topic that we discuss a lot, but it’s always me who have to change and adapt l. I’m very respectful that they are vegetarians and even when eating out a lot of the time I make sure he eats well and I sometimes already sacrifice my meats habit as we share food.

What do you think? What would you do?
10
12