Guys, do smart girls intimidate you/turn you off?

For ex/ if your girlfriend told you about her really good marks because she’s excited about them, would you see it as intimidating or conceited?
  • Intimidating/turn off
    Vote A
  • Just fine.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Intelligence doesn't intimidate guys, girls who act like assholes because they can read does.

0|6
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 179

• Smart girls are attractive! I dont think I have ever dated a girl who wasn't intelgent. I mean the last question I posted was about who finds intelligence attractive. Turns out lots of people.
    With your example/ question. Hmmm i have found myself in similar situations in the past.
    Let's look at it from the guy your dateings perspective. He is either in school /collage/ uni or out in the real world. If he is also in school he may not have recived as good a grades as you did at 18-24 grades are a bfd so ya he you be pissed if your bouncy about your A if he nursing a D (You may have inadvertently been conceited from his perspective). That's not intimidation its just envy.
    The other situation is simpler. It goes without saying that you may intimidate someone who left school when your still there. But that's also mostly envy.

My advice would be to take more thought over the feeling of who your talking to. Its easy to patronize or overshoot. I want you to be yourself and be happy being yourself becasue people are attracted to confidence. however, sometimes the smartest thing to do is not let people know how smart you realy are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart & sexy is a good combo. As long as smart doesn't go to smart-ass or wise-ass. I mean by that if she's smart, like really well educated, than that is perfectly fine. But when she starts to think she's better than I am, or starting to think that things need to change to however she wants, being bitchy, than yes that is a turn-off.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't get this perception that men don't like smart women, the truth is that men don't quite like bitchy women who think they are smart.

But any smart woman should understand that the difference between her and that type of girl is that she's actually smart and this retard thinks she is.

1|4
    0|0
  • I dont get turned on by anyone but... I find the less smart ones cute but, the smart ones are usually looking pretty! I like the cute ones better though... they got the great personality and prettyness is just looks. (Unless prettiness can be their personality too...)

1|0
    1|0
  • No, never.

On the contrary, smart girls are a major turn on! 😍

I recently approached a tall girl and told her the reason I approached her was her height. She replied "that's not quite a good thing as being attracted to looks shows you are superficial". I was like "Wow!". I love a girl who I can actually have something to talk to! 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree, I like intelligent. The problem becomes when they think they are and aren’t or are easily challenged and they take it personally. So what happens is even though you know she is full of crap you have to keep your mouth shut or risk drama.

0|1
    0|0
  • Intellectuals tend to intimidate me. Not because I'm insecure, but because they often have a chip on their shoulder. I admire intelligence, but some people turn into intellectual bullies. To me that's no different than someone using their physical strength to bully and feel powerful.

0|1
    0|0
  • not intimidated more like a tad jealous or will think that she might look for someone better someone smart like her so not neccessarily a turn off but not a turn on either if she dosent care about smarts and just goes for personality then its fine but if i feel that she wouldn't see me as good enough then id be irritated and not bother

0|1
    0|0
  • I hate dumb girls, or more specifically, girls who act dumb. Somebody who wasn't as intelligent as me wouldn't bother me, nor would somebody more intelligent. I don't think I've ever dated anyone more intelligent. Lmao, not that I'm Einstein, I just seem to pick childish people.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would rather a girl be intelligent that dumb, at least that way she can find something we are both fascinated by and not just prance about and do nothing but intimate things within the relationship, I want a girl that can indulge me in her practices and beliefs

0|0
    0|0
  • My future girlfriend will indeed be smart, otherwise the relationship would get boring fast. Because how would I have intellectual conversations with her, if she isn't smart enough to respond intelligently. For that matter without being intelligent she wouldn't be able to start intelligent conversations or be witty enough to make me laugh; as I would her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm smart, so intelligence is a big turn on. But a lot of what other people would call smart I'd just call "meh." A lot of times though when a girl is smarter than me, she won't let me forget it, constantly rubbing it in to make me feel inferior and pissed off even though I know I'm at least on the same level.

So intelligence accompanied by HUMILITY is a gigantic turn on. Intelligence without could end up with conflicts over arrogance.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I would no, if she is my girlfriend then being smart is not something bad.

Completely independent girls or smart ass girls, are not intimidating but who needs a girl who don't need you. We all want to be wanted, and smart girl must show appreciation of me as a man, if she don't it will be a trun off, nobody wants to be unneeded/unwanted or unappreciated.

You are confusing being smart by being arrogant or dominant.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's fine. What annoys me though is when you get a good grade for your course (as you do a harder course) and she replies with a joke answer and says she did better so is smarter when getting a higher grade in an easier course.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's excited about them... why should she bottle up her feelings, just because I might find her conceited. If I saw that as arrogant I would have to ask myself why. I'd rather celebrate her success with her

1|0
    0|0
  • As a mechanic, I like a woman who has knowledge about things I don't so I can learn from her, as long as she doesn't know more than me about mechanics. Just as a personal preference in a relationship. (Fyi ladies, guys like it when you have a trade skill better than having book smarts)

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart girls are good partners as you can have real conversations with them however your partner being better than you at something can always feel a little unsteady as you feel like they are a smarter person and that might make a relationship less stable?

0|0
    0|0
  • Not to sound pretentious here, I'm not gonna be one of those pricks who claims to be "sapiosexual" or to be "only attracted to a girls mind", because that's not true. But I have been turned on by a girl that I previously didn't think much about after she rambled on about her interest in chemistry. She was pretty to begin with, sure, but being intelligent (or at least, showing interest and an understanding of something) can be a great thing. I think being smart is kind of cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she tells me about her excellent marks in an exam, I will perceive it as a magnificent event!

I will even say "Excellent job, you're one step forward to greatness!"

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather have a girlfriend that was smart and excited about good grades. Intelligence and confidence are two of the biggest attractions for at least myself, if not most guys.

1|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 12

• Guys who are intimidated by strong, smart women are weak themselves and looking for someone inferior to them to prop them up.

0|1
    0|0
  • My partners intimidated constantly.. he drives trucks.. i have a lot of qualifications.. he would just put me down

1|0
    0|0
    • They will never admit to it, but claim the only girls who say that really aren't smart but have an inflated sense of intellect. But I know if you even act smart without saying anything, men will try to get back at you for it.

• Show All
    • @azzntittiz spoken like a true femenist

• Males who talk about femanism trying to say she's femanist yet your telling someone to shut up. Dude if you said that to a male.. youd end up on the floor.. doesn't matter if you say it to a male or female. Problem with males these days is they think its the 1960s still trying to control a womans freedom of speech along with what she should wear, do, accomplish.. nope im no femanist. I gladly stay home cook clean and get our kids sorted.. he would gladly do the same to if he saw i was struggling abit. But the one thing i love him for is even after all the bickering and put downs. at least he would never sit there and tell me that as a woman i should shut my mouth. Now as a maoro woman. Youd be fucked if you ever said that 😂

• It isn't either option in the poll. They're more attractive. I don't want a bimbo, I want someone who can hold an intelligent conversation with me.

0|2
    0|0
  • Guys love smart girls, unless she is in their same team at work... then either it's all "same team hi-fives" or "I hate you with all my heart, arrogant b-ch"

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart girls definitely turn me on (if they are hpmosexual, that is)

0|1
    0|0
  • I think most guys can handle this :)

0|1
    0|0
  • They turn me on even more.

0|1
    0|0
  • Smart people are coolest people

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it’s completely fine if they were smarter

0|0
    0|0
  • Just fine

0|0
    0|0
  • My boyfriend tells me that he's really proud of me for being so dedicated to school and sacrificing so much time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Turn on

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes