Is age only a number?

I’ve been asked out by the captain of the u16 ice hockey team. He’s 16 and I’m 13 is the difference too big for our age?
I’m also worried cause he’s a couple inches shorter than me

311

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is not just a number, no. Age is important, particularly when you're younger. You mature at an exponential rate between the ages of 11 and 16, for example, which mean that one year in age can actually be two or three years in maturity. Three years of age difference when you're both in your 30's is pretty meaningless. The difference between 16 and 13 can be vast. I would suggest that he's too old for you but that's your decision to make. I can't imagine what you would share in common and I can't imagine that his friends would think well of him for dating someone of your age.

• there's no better advice than of a 101 yr old bot when it comes to age ☝

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the exact situation. In your case, no. He's too close to being an adult, if he isn't already considered one depending on where you live. Also, you're barely to the point that you should think about dating. At your age and his the maturity levels are too different for it to work because he could/would easily manipulate you into doing things.