Is age only a number?

I’ve been asked out by the captain of the u16 ice hockey team. He’s 16 and I’m 13 is the difference too big for our age?
Updates:
I’m also worried cause he’s a couple inches shorter than me

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Age is not just a number, no. Age is important, particularly when you're younger. You mature at an exponential rate between the ages of 11 and 16, for example, which mean that one year in age can actually be two or three years in maturity. Three years of age difference when you're both in your 30's is pretty meaningless. The difference between 16 and 13 can be vast. I would suggest that he's too old for you but that's your decision to make. I can't imagine what you would share in common and I can't imagine that his friends would think well of him for dating someone of your age.

1|1
    0|0
    • there's no better advice than of a 101 yr old bot when it comes to age ☝

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the exact situation. In your case, no. He's too close to being an adult, if he isn't already considered one depending on where you live. Also, you're barely to the point that you should think about dating. At your age and his the maturity levels are too different for it to work because he could/would easily manipulate you into doing things.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• To be honest, here is your problem. He has a drinking problem and gets up to no good... You really shouldn't get involved with a guy like that regardless of age. Age wise it's definitely better for you to wait til 15 ish and frankly even past that since HS relationships are a crapshoot.. Sr yr /college is a better time but rare to wait that long nowadays... the odds are not in your favor of it working out long term. If he is really good he is gonna have girls all over him in the coming years and with his poor judgement he is a real risk to cheat.. It's hard to really explain to you how much you will be mentally different you will be in a couple years as well. It's best to wait til you hit all the changes and are more developed in all aspects to start dating. A lot of times your first relationship ( or beginning ones ) can have a huge impact on the future you... trust me when I say you want to have good relationships since it literally can take you years to re cover if you get a really bad experience. With this guy you have a lot of different things that could go really wrong for you... those things would take you a year at least per issue and the worse ones like him getting drunk and hurting you would take many years if u even could get rid of it's effect.

1|0
    0|0
  • If he's a good guy then he probably sees that you're mature and he won't just act in anyway that would really pressure you. But yeah ok the teenage years it's better to find someone your age, but in around 13 years you guys would be golden

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think I can keep up with him even though he’s 16 he drinks a lot and is always out with friends causing trouble

• Show All
    • @richardroexs his parents don’t mind that they drink at his moms bday party his father was ordering drinks for him

• That sounds like a family you do not want to get involved in. I'm surprised you didn't hear of a negative reputation about them already.

• No, age in my opinion its not important. If you are comfortable with his age (and you don't think about his age when profiles him). Don't look at others if you are ready give it try, go with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Imma say do what you want, considering you'll just ignore any good advice you're ever given till you're about 17

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes age is only a number... it just tells the world how old u are.. but it can't say how much capacity you have

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Dude, he's literally a child, and you're a teenager.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's only a number

0|0
    1|0
  • AGE IS NOT ONLY A NUMBER.

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe a bit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age is only a letter

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• There's a huge difference between 13 and 16.
    Nope find a boy your own age.

0|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn't be dating at 13, at least wait till your 16

0|1
    0|0
    • What do you even do at 13 for dating? 'Gotta use pop's cash to take you out to the movies. LEt's wait for ma to pick us up.'

• Hahahaha, they should be worrying about homework not who they are gunna date.

• right? All I remember was swimming lessons, toys, karate lessons, and yugioh cards.

Recommended myTakes