False advertising in online dating?

If a guy has a picture of himself riding a motorcycle and you talk and he says that he sold it a few months ago - shouldn't he take it out of his profile? Especially since he has no plans to get another.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Online dating deception is rampant. About 80% (or more) actually admit to embellishing their online profiles, the other 20% are liars. Ok, ok, I'm being a little facetious. Well, it's true, most people embellish. I try to stay honest in my photos. They are fairly recent and reflect my current interests. Not what I did 10 years ago when I was 30 lbs lighter or me doing something I hardly ever do. You have to weed through the bs one at a time. As for the motorcycle, I can see why he put that up. Some women are attracted to that. That's why I use a motorcycle pic. But I actually enjoy riding it. (oh, and I STILL own it) ;)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well if you own it and ride it that's totally legit

Most Helpful Girl

• You would think, apparently he wants people to think he still has the bike

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Thats what you get from online dating lol
    Now if a girl is thin 4 months ago but not today. False advertising?
    Of if she hides her body and crop a tiny square of her face. False advertising?

Cmon now lol

0|1
    0|0
    • In that case I would say also yes, false advertising there too

• Show All
    • Well lol ill assume you are serious and not joking around
      Bet you never even had casual sex? Right? Lol

• Well yeah I have in the past but what does that have to do with this comment?

• Sounds like you were more attracted to the bike than him. He doesn't have to remove it since its just a photo. He didn't specifically say "we can ride around on my bike all day long".

0|2
    0|0
    • No, lots of guys my age have bikes and it's about the person for me. I just thought the photo implied that he still rides

• Show All
    • If that dress was so old that I had gotten rid of it then the picture is not current enough.

• What if you tore it or spilled something and couldn't get it cleaned.

• I don’t see how that’s false advertising for dating. It’s still him in the picture. Like the other guy said seems like you’re more attracted to the motorcycle than him

0|1
    0|0
    • The bike implies it's still a hobby. It's not

• Show All
    • So if I post a picture of me weighing 120 lbs in a bikini and I'm now 1000 lbs - does that picture not imply that I'm still fit?

• You’re talking about an item not a part of a person

• Should women then use no pictures with makeup in case you end up waking next to them with none on? Or picture of her night out with friends even though she goes once in a blue moon?

Of course not, getting someone interested in dating is artificial to a degree because they put their best foot forward. He used it to express a level of adventure and excitement he was about or could offer, if the date was just about you trying to ride backseat on it, you both came for the wrong reason

0|1
    0|0
  • He's advertising himself. Its not like he's trying to sell you the bike. I think the real issue here is why someone having a bike or not is such a big deal?
    Maybe people shouldn't wear make-up?

0|1
    0|0
  • In today's times there is no online dating on dating apps or sites

Those are just hookup sites.
    Dont keep high hopes for anything because it is nothing other than attempts at getting easy sex.

0|0
    0|0
    • We'll see, thanks

• Show All
    • Then it might be not that easy,

But amongst the ladies that i have worked with, your age bracket has the guys who weren't into dating, rather were into just sex

• Interesting

• Yeah. If a woman has a picture of herself in clothes she can't or won't wear anymore, she should remove the picture, right? If she's got 3 kids full time, she shouldn't be allowed to post pics without all 3 kids, right? No one should be able to post pictures of themselves in or around homes they don't own or live in anymore. You can't post pics of yourself camping unless you live in the wild full time. Don't post your pics from your white water rafting trip unless you live on the river. No skydiving pics if you don't eat, breathe & live under canopy. That old car you used to love? No pics unless you're going to buy something exactly like it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya kinda false advertising. Theer

0|0
    0|0
  • He has that to show status and grab attention :x

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes