Do distance relationship last?

I don’t know how people do this , but how do people make distance relationship work for more than a year? Is it a good choice?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 30% of long distance relationships last if both individuals are devoted enough, it can be hard on either person. It can be hard because there are a lot of barriers, one of them being that you wouldn't know if they are cheating on you unless you do some scooping around. Plus the person on the other side of the screen isn't always the same person as in the picture.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It can, but it's really rare. The missed calls, the absence of someone you can hug when you need emotional support, the absence of little things he does that you love, the worry if he still likes you the way he did even when you two haven't met for almost a year, the crying to sleep nights because you miss him so much, the activities he did that you missed and in the end you two ran out of common things to talk about, I mean if you can stand all that and many others then it'll work. 2 of my long distance relationship failed, so I'm really skeptic about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• I think it depends on patience and what parts of a relationship you care most for. I've tried a couple, but for me, having someone physically present is superior to not having someone present. I know a few people that seem to get on well enough with the distance, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just have to have the right amount of feelings and really want it to work. I'm in the navy so pretty much every relationship is long distance at one point or another. Sometimes couples get maybe one email to each other every few days. I've seen couples fall apart and couples come out stronger for having made it through. Really depends on the people and how much they're willing to put into it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have heard of them lasting a long time, but I don't know how they do it. I would say that they have to have very good communication skills and lots of trust. I like to be close to the person I am in a relationship with, so it would be really hard for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine ended up working for a little over a year but then she cheated on me... You should try it either way

0|1
    0|0
  • Its usually not preferable. Its better if you knew them in person beforehand. Key towards LDRS is trust and progression. Don't let the relationship stagnate. Always try to keep the relationship moving forwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not a good choice

Its kind of a bad relationship

Be together as u trust eachother more being together otherwise u dont know who she or he is fucking in other state or country

0|0
    0|0
  • No. They never do. We naturally desire connection. Physical connection. When distance keeps you from that connection eventually you seek it elsewhere.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can last and personally I would be able to make one last

0|0
    0|0
  • In very rare times they last but all mine have failed

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course why not? but Only for fun & nothing serious I guess!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• I was Married to a Muslim man out in Egypt but I didn't stay with him and his family, I had thought I was coming Back, Which Ended up to be very Wack... It was not so Much the Distance that broke us apart, but ISIS. It then Became way too Dangerous for a Christian like me.
    This story is one of the sadder ones, hun. However, LDR can surely work, If two People really put Effort and Time into it and no Foreign obstacles get in the Way that can Easily then, End up in the muckery Clay. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • They can work, if the situation is right and you're really committed. I think it's harder if it's the kind of LDR where you met online or whatever and have never even met in person. But if it's a relationship that started out in person, it's more likely to work out, especially if you're able to visit each other. LDRs are difficult and stressful but they can also make your relationship stronger if you handle it correctly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Communication is important. Ultimately, the goal is to close the distance forever, but if you can't even making plans to visit each other as often as you can is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can. Its hard though; but as long as you're able to put in the effort mentally, emotionally and financially it can work

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have money and a plan for one or the other to move closer it can work. You also need to be a very trusting and mature person To handle the struggles that come along with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well depends if u and your person feel connect. . yes it does work to

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends.. but most of the time they fall apart

0|0
    0|0
  • It lasts

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes