How do I get over my fear of commitment?

I’m 18 years old. I’ll be turning 19 next month. I’ve been talking/dating (whatever you want to call it) a guy that is 5 years my senior for a little over a year now. Recently I was fussing about us being able to talk to each other on a deeper level. We can, but I was using it as a means to justify something, and so he said are you just asking for deeper conversations or commitment. This isn’t the first time commitment has been brought up, and it just leaves me not knowing what to say. Although he is older than me, there isn’t any difference with how we act. I’m mature for my age, and I would rather someone older than my own age, so I don’t know why it bothers me when I think of his age. In the back of my mind, I think of what my friends might say about his age, but our age difference isn’t out of the norm. What can I do to work on this?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• You date someone simply because you like being with them.
    When it lasts in time, that's a relationship.

Everything else was invented and, in fact. Makes things boring. Life needs surprise for being fun.