How can I show my boyfriend that I love him without looking clingy/annoying?

In other words, what gestures would guys appreciate without feeling like "oh she's so attached/clingy ew"?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a difference between attached and being clingy. You don't sound like your relationship is unhealthy (clingy), so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

If you're looking for gestures, the most meaningful, in my opinion, is when someone either supports my interests or fulfills my needs without being asked to do so.

Think about what he likes and buy him something small and practical that shows you support him in that. Don't try to be elaborate. Something small and modest is best.

Or maybe he complains that he needs to buy a new belt but he (all men) hates shopping for clothes. Simple.

Maybe he has a favorite beverage. Have some waiting in the fridge for him when he comes home. Or cook a meal you know he likes.

Don't do all these things all the time, but surprise him with something once in a while and it will go a long way.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Very little would make you look clingy or annoying unless you go absolutely crazy and/or your boyfriend is completely detached and lacks any sort of emotion.
    This goes for pretty much anyone in a relationship:
    - Just tell them "I love you". Pretty self-explanatory.
    - Listen to your partner and show them that you've listened by remembering things they've said.
    - Do things for them. Bring/make them soup when they're sick, help them clean, give them a massage after a long day at work, help them de-stress by doing something fun or relaxing, leave little notes for them, buy them a small gift that reminded you of them, etc.
    - Support them. If they're going through a hard time, let them know that you're there for them if they want to talk about it, or that you don't even have to talk, you could just hang out and do something nice if that will help.
    - Personally I love baking, and my boyfriend loves sweet stuff, so I sometimes bake for him.

And so on. Should be pretty simple stuff. Like you don't need to hire a pilot to spell it out for you in the sky.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Guys will sometimes subconsciously just say things that actually mean something to him but doesn't ever expect or even think about someone else helping with whatever it is or taking care of it. Sometimes it's those gestures that you do out of the kindness of your heart that they never expect that makes you stand out.

2|1
    0|0
  • It's not the gesture's or showing your love that is attached/clingy. It's how you can't have your own life and are afraid of losing him so you never let him live his own life.

If you aren't afraid of losing him, then you should be fine. If you have self respect for yourself, you won't be clingy/annoying.

2|1
    0|0
  • Take an interest in his likes and dislikes and hobbies and such. Show him that you care about him by listening to him. It really isn't all that different from what women want. Just your time and attention. Be there, but not in his face. If he cares about you the same way, he will reciprocate.

1|1
    0|0
  • Random spontaneity. Catch him fresh from work and massage his back. Or if your daring massage his feet. Watch his habits. Say you notice he gets a beer every day at 8 pm from the fridge. Hand one to him so he doesn't gave to get up. Those things show your paying attention beyond the surface and are into me but not being all clingy about it. That shows me you care.

2|0
    0|0
  • Actions speak louder than words, yet directly say you do such out of love, though be casual about it by not over emphasizing or acting as if you need a response right then and there. Let them breath, allow them time to process and see your not clinging or overly attached.

1|0
    0|0
  • Put a blindfold on him and sit him down. Slide his pants off n start to blow him. Then get him to take it of while blowing and look him dead in the eyes while you work the shaft. Nothing says I love you more.

1|1
    1|0
  • I wouldn't bother if she's clingy, as long as she respects it that there are other people I wanna hang out with too. Please don't get it wrong, I like to be around my SO, but if she's mad at me everytime I meet my friends the relationship won't last long. I have no problem if she hangs out with her friends too.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's easy to love someone when everything is going well and the sun is shining. When life gets tough, and then really tough, and you help him through it every step of the way, then he'll know if you love him or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just do what feels natural. Random kisses, i love you's texts. Just love him and let him know how much. One thing i got was a hundred reason why my girl loved me and it was the sweetest shit ever

2|1
    0|0
  • By him a six pack of whatever he likes and try and just hang out with him do what he wants to do or allow him to do what he wants to do and be cool with it. Not sexually but you know just in life. Or sexually if you want to I guess

1|0
    0|0
  • Kiss him randomly , hug him extra , stare into his eyes. Just do thing to show your love and appreciation for him.

2|1
    0|0
  • Have you tried just telling him and having an adult conversation?

1|0
    0|0
  • You're over thinking it. Just do something sweet that shows him you love him and want him to be happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the both of you have been together a long time maybe he is thinking the same thing. Just tell him and you maybe surprised

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont understand why is it a problem. The more clingy she is the more happy I am. Coz it will tell she wants and needs me. I'm dying to meet this sort of girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
  • Am I only one that would like to have overly attached gf?

2|0
    0|0
    • Obviously you've never had 1

• Show All
    • Jealousy comes from insecurity and a lack of trust. If you think thats good for your partner you must be insecure about youself.

The metaphor: if they are clinging onto you, and they're drowning. You're going down too. Unless what? You let them go.

Like we already established though you've never had it so you're not talking from knowledge or experience.

• @johnboymuscles that's true, never had it

• Give him a blow job

0|0
    1|0
  • Just smile at him when you see each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go on your knees... Every guy loves it ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • I would actually love that

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• If you're boyfriend loves you, he won't mind you being clingy/attached. That's called affection which is a sign of love. One of the main thing that causes relationships to fail is people not being able to act like themselves, they have to hide things for the sake of judgement from they're partner, that shouldn't be apart of any healthy relationship.

3|1
    0|1
  • Just be normal and stop overthinking. Just be natural how you are with friends or family and be a thoughtful person generally. Then sweet things will come naturally without being creepy.

1|1
    0|0
  • communication dear! ask him what he likes and what he wants.. do what he likes but when he least expect it, in that way you'll surprise him :) goodluck :D

1|0
    0|0
  • Dress sexy for him at home tell him you love him and make his favorite meal for dinner once in a awhile

1|0
    0|0
  • Show him you love him by your behaviours.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes