Does religion affect the way you view potential partners?

Does religion still hold a place amongst Millennials. Or is it simply something many commonly denounce? I ask as a Muslim female who would like to meet people outside of my culture and learn more about them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was raised to be Christian but I'm now completely atheist. School did it for me. Learning about evolution and the big bang theory, etc, inspired it cuz I realized there's logic, reason, and proof to back it up. And, to me anyway, religion just seems like the hear-say of our ancestors (in an attempt to explain the world around them) that got perpetuated until today

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Interesting. Whilst I don't embrace anything, 'Darwinism' (due to his racist connotations), I think logic and science is well appreciated in religion. It is a common misconception that people who have a faith, often reject science. When in fact it can enhance their faith, especially in the modern world.

• Personally I've noticed a lot of discrepancy between the two. That's what inspired the change

• That's understandable.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• As long as we can respect each other's beliefs and compromise on teaching the offspring of such a diverse pairing, and allowing them to decide for themselves which faith they follow while accepting their choice, I am open to be with any religious woman or non religious woman

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's totally dependant of the person.
    For example, I'm really open-minded i think and it won't be a problem for me anyway if she doesn't need me to participate to anything. The other one is free to believe in whatever she wants, but it may be a problem for someone closed about the question and focus only on his own belief.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a child like nature and a lot of creativity. I would never want to be in a relationship where I can't express my deepest understandings and curiosity of the universe. So I look for a woman on the spiritual but non religious niche but they're hard as fuck to find 😋

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a christian. but that doesn't stop me from falling for people of other religions/culture sometimes. as long as we respect's each other's beliefs i don't see a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Religion doesn't bother me unless it starts interfering in my/our life. Basically if religion is ever used to say that you must or must not do something, then it's not going to work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, yes. I know that my beliefs (or lack of, im quite openly an anti-theist) wouldn't be compatible with someone who holds strong religious views

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not say I am a millennials but personally I don't care for religion as long as the very loyal, honest etc and I find her attractive I don't care what religion you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc about religion when I am with some partnes plus if I am religious guy I shouldn't care about that cause God made people to get on well with each other not to argue

0|0
    0|0
  • kind of. if they are very religious, i assume they are dumb. no offense. just being honest. i won't consider them as a partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't matter from which religion someone belongs because love has no boundaries

1|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat, I look for a sweet girl that doesn’t play games.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not looking for someone who is strongly religious. It goes against my own beliefs as a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't like Islam. I don't like Religion in general, but especially Islam.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if you're religious you aren't for me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wasn't the question. And even better since the age gap!

• I dont care if you're christian, Jewish or muslim if you are religious get your shit out of here.

• Since you dont care for the main concept and topic. How about you leave? Because your intolerance can be charming someone else's post right now.

• Yes. Religion is annoying. To me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Fair enough

• Show All
    • I haven't, I assumed you were quite annoyed w/ the post. I agree 100% that no one should be harmed for it. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Interesting that you say 'anymore'.

• I'm not annoyed, perhaps blunt.

• yeah a lot of us won't date someone who doesn't have strong beliefs in our same religion. Especially if they're like the morons on this site and so anti-religious that you can see their eyes turn red and smoke come out their ears just from the mention of religion. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm religious and I would 100% look outside of my culture for a potential partner!

Religion and culture are two separate entities and I don't ever confuse the two. I'm not cultural, but I would consider my thought process to be very religious!

Since I am religious, I don't think I would look for a partner who doesn't follow the same religion as I do. Although, that's just me because my religion does allow for me to marry outside of my religion.

This is due to the incompatibility that comes with being with someone everyday that doesn't share the same core values and morality with you. It's honestly counterintuitive, IMHO!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, Violent Christians, and many Jews, might have a problem with you, as a muslim. Just look at the world we're living in

0|0
    0|0
    • Fair enough. Might you consider that there are many who practice their religion w/o any violence. The ratio of those who adhere to a religion and have committed violent acts are surely outnumbered by those who aren't violent yet practice religion. The whole concept of not judging on preconceptions?

• Show All
    • To an extent, I also disagreed that all individuals who practice a faith is to be cast into the same net of those with 'distorted views'. Interesting views expressed though.

• All individuals who don't accept jesus as their savior according to Christians and evangelicals, will burn in hell. that's their view

Recommended myTakes