Does religion affect the way you view potential partners?

Does religion still hold a place amongst Millennials. Or is it simply something many commonly denounce? I ask as a Muslim female who would like to meet people outside of my culture and learn more about them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I was raised to be Christian but I'm now completely atheist. School did it for me. Learning about evolution and the big bang theory, etc, inspired it cuz I realized there's logic, reason, and proof to back it up. And, to me anyway, religion just seems like the hear-say of our ancestors (in an attempt to explain the world around them) that got perpetuated until today

1|0
    0|0
    • Interesting. Whilst I don't embrace anything, 'Darwinism' (due to his racist connotations), I think logic and science is well appreciated in religion. It is a common misconception that people who have a faith, often reject science. When in fact it can enhance their faith, especially in the modern world.

• Personally I've noticed a lot of discrepancy between the two. That's what inspired the change

• That's understandable.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• As long as we can respect each other's beliefs and compromise on teaching the offspring of such a diverse pairing, and allowing them to decide for themselves which faith they follow while accepting their choice, I am open to be with any religious woman or non religious woman

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's totally dependant of the person.
    For example, I'm really open-minded i think and it won't be a problem for me anyway if she doesn't need me to participate to anything. The other one is free to believe in whatever she wants, but it may be a problem for someone closed about the question and focus only on his own belief.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a child like nature and a lot of creativity. I would never want to be in a relationship where I can't express my deepest understandings and curiosity of the universe. So I look for a woman on the spiritual but non religious niche but they're hard as fuck to find 😋

0|0
    0|0
  • I am a christian. but that doesn't stop me from falling for people of other religions/culture sometimes. as long as we respect's each other's beliefs i don't see a problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Religion doesn't bother me unless it starts interfering in my/our life. Basically if religion is ever used to say that you must or must not do something, then it's not going to work out.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, yes. I know that my beliefs (or lack of, im quite openly an anti-theist) wouldn't be compatible with someone who holds strong religious views

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not say I am a millennials but personally I don't care for religion as long as the very loyal, honest etc and I find her attractive I don't care what religion you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc about religion when I am with some partnes plus if I am religious guy I shouldn't care about that cause God made people to get on well with each other not to argue

0|0
    0|0
  • kind of. if they are very religious, i assume they are dumb. no offense. just being honest. i won't consider them as a partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it doesn't matter from which religion someone belongs because love has no boundaries

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes