Why would my boyfriend say he’d forgive me for drunk cheating? ?

Anonymous
We were talking with a friend of ours. My friend’s boyfriend went out to a wedding (they are on and off, and were off at this time). My friend said she had her friends keep their eye on them. And the topic of drunk cheating came up. My boyfriend was saying how sometimes it can happen (he wasn’t talking about himself), and how guys sometimes do stuff when drunk because the opportunity is there.

I asked him, so you would drunkenly
Cheat? And he said “no, i wasn’t talking about myself. But guys i know”.

Then, i said to him “so, if i cheated when i was drunk, you would forgive me?”

And he said “yes i would”

I got upset, because i 1) wouldn’t forgive him and 2) wouldn’t want him to forgive me.

I told him “i don’t think I’d forgive you, or anyone for cheating when drunk. And i can’t believe you’d forgive me”.

He then replied with “is it so crazy for me to forgive you for making a stupid mistake?”

I don't know, i don’t think drunk cheating is a mistake. It’s a choice. I’ve been drunk out of my mind, and i have never cheated!!

Why would he forgive me !! It blows my mind !!
10
1