Why would my boyfriend say he’d forgive me for drunk cheating? ?

We were talking with a friend of ours. My friend’s boyfriend went out to a wedding (they are on and off, and were off at this time). My friend said she had her friends keep their eye on them. And the topic of drunk cheating came up. My boyfriend was saying how sometimes it can happen (he wasn’t talking about himself), and how guys sometimes do stuff when drunk because the opportunity is there.

I asked him, so you would drunkenly
Cheat? And he said “no, i wasn’t talking about myself. But guys i know”.

Then, i said to him “so, if i cheated when i was drunk, you would forgive me?”

And he said “yes i would”

I got upset, because i 1) wouldn’t forgive him and 2) wouldn’t want him to forgive me.

I told him “i don’t think I’d forgive you, or anyone for cheating when drunk. And i can’t believe you’d forgive me”.

He then replied with “is it so crazy for me to forgive you for making a stupid mistake?”

I don't know, i don’t think drunk cheating is a mistake. It’s a choice. I’ve been drunk out of my mind, and i have never cheated!!

Why would he forgive me !! It blows my mind !!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me that he was willing to "forgive you", because he wants to be forgiven if he decides to get drunk and hunt down a woman for sex, and blame it on the alcohol.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Too bad for him, i wouldn’t. I have never cheated while drunk, and I’ve been VERY drunk and I’ve had MANY chances to cheat (guys and girls at parties tend to throw themselves around to people - even my guy friends have tried too). But, i don’t think alcohol is an excuse:/

• You're right. Alcohol is not an excuse, any more than being angry is an excuse to hit someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't care it.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Probably just a character flaw. And he's probably head over heels for you so it's interfering with his better judgement.

1|0
    0|0
    • I told him, “if i cheated, i would not let you convince me to stay”. I said that to him, because if i were to cheat, i clearly do not love him. The idea of cheating makes me sick, and if i were to do it, then i am a monster !! He got upset that i wouldn’t let him convince me to stay if i did cheat!!

• I totally agree with what you did.

• If I'm thinking what you're thinking, in that you're thinking that he's thinking that he can use that event as a scapegoat in case he ever does cheat that way, then we might be thinking along the same thinking thunk thank. Think.

It doesn't mean he's about to cheat, though. He hasn't cheated until he's cheated, and you've told him what you think about it, anyway. You don't have to be as forgiving just because he says he would be.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's probably lying and just because he said he'd forgive you, he doesn't know how much. It'd hurt him...

1|0
    0|0
    • I told him, “you don’t know what you’re saying”. He replied with “I’m not saying it’d be easy to forgive you, and I’m not saying it wouldn’t hurt. But, i would try to forgive you and move past it”

• I've heard people say they'd forgive but, it did happen to one of my co workers 30+ years ago & he killed himself... she was divorcing my buddy to run off with this guy... real bad

• Just relax and don´t be upset, the guy was expressing his love for you and he wasn´t asking you to forgive him, no reason to be upset here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Coz when drunk we can easily get tempted to make mistakes and the brain stops using logic and intelligence

0|0
    0|0
    • But, i have been very drunk. And i have had a lot of opportunities to cheat. I have never heard while drunk. Being drunk is just an excuse :/

• Drink can affect people in different ways. Treat this as a difference of opinion on a subject your not expecting to deal with

0|0
    0|0
  • If blacked out your running off hormones and impulses, not logic nor memory. Might not even remember u have a boy/girl friend.
    However, if not blacked out, your running off your true self/attitudes more likely, all facades coming undone. Blacked out you have no moral structure. But drunk, your just shrugging it off, causing the high/arousal stimulated by the alcohol.
    Ur man probably isn't very conscious, low on self-control, and self-discipline, inclined to thoughtless actions and words, to instant gratification, frustrated easily. Right? Can't have high expectations of those without high standards...

0|0
    0|0
  • I forgiven my girlfriend for drunk cheating I was upset but I didn't think it was worth ending a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause he's a desperate loser

0|0
    0|0
    • But he’s good looking and has a nice personality, he can definitely find other women

• yet he wants to forgive you, a drunkard cheater

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes