Why would my boyfriend say he’d forgive me for drunk cheating? ?

We were talking with a friend of ours. My friend’s boyfriend went out to a wedding (they are on and off, and were off at this time). My friend said she had her friends keep their eye on them. And the topic of drunk cheating came up. My boyfriend was saying how sometimes it can happen (he wasn’t talking about himself), and how guys sometimes do stuff when drunk because the opportunity is there.

I asked him, so you would drunkenly
Cheat? And he said “no, i wasn’t talking about myself. But guys i know”.

Then, i said to him “so, if i cheated when i was drunk, you would forgive me?”

And he said “yes i would”

I got upset, because i 1) wouldn’t forgive him and 2) wouldn’t want him to forgive me.

I told him “i don’t think I’d forgive you, or anyone for cheating when drunk. And i can’t believe you’d forgive me”.

He then replied with “is it so crazy for me to forgive you for making a stupid mistake?”

I don't know, i don’t think drunk cheating is a mistake. It’s a choice. I’ve been drunk out of my mind, and i have never cheated!!

Why would he forgive me !! It blows my mind !!

110

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds to me that he was willing to "forgive you", because he wants to be forgiven if he decides to get drunk and hunt down a woman for sex, and blame it on the alcohol.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Too bad for him, i wouldn’t. I have never cheated while drunk, and I’ve been VERY drunk and I’ve had MANY chances to cheat (guys and girls at parties tend to throw themselves around to people - even my guy friends have tried too). But, i don’t think alcohol is an excuse:/

• You're right. Alcohol is not an excuse, any more than being angry is an excuse to hit someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't care it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE