Is it bad to tell your bf/gf, “if you cheat, I will leave?”?

Some people say it’s bad to mention that, others say it’s good. I don’t know, i think it’s best to tell people your boundaries and limits. I haven’t said this to a boyfriend though

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I say it without saying it. I refer to former relationship where someone cheated on me and I left immediately. My ex was drunk and made out with a guy on the dance floor. Heard from my friends before she even got home.. All her shit was sitting in the front lawn when she got home.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No you let them know where you stand though I don’t warn them I just dump her if she gonna cheat no second thoughts.

0|1
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• No, you actually need to know what your okay with, what expectations are in place, boundaries, and such to respect yourselves and each other.
    However, make sure you establish definitions of what is and is not "cheating".
    Relationships are business agreements with emotional connection and personal dynamics, logically defined.
    Spell it all out as appropriate, in steps and stages.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not bad at all. After my ex cheated on me, I started a You cheate I leave policy. I don't care how much they apologize, there's NEVER an excuse for cheating. EVER...

0|0
    0|0
  • no, and you shouldn't have to say this. your relationship should mean enough to your significant other to realize that fucking someone else is off the agenda if they are really trying to enjoy you as a unique and intelligent human being.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say good. It's better to have all the cards on the table and to let them know explicitly what kind of relationship you're in.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it should be phrased differently, but, yes, it's a good idea to inform them of your red lines early on in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. You're establishing a clear boundary. One that you feel needs to exist because you don't want to be hurt. Nothing wrong with it at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a good idea, they know you will leave if they cheat anyway it´s common sense. It sends the wrong message.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not, it's better if your significant other can't imagine cheating on you and take it fogranted - this will make them thinking about it and playing with this idea.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my girl said that I would say, "I figured that is a given."

0|2
    0|0
  • In my opinion, that should just be a basic rule of relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • No because if you cheat you are saying fuck you to your partners trust

0|0
    0|0
  • No , its the best thing to tell them, it proves that you value yourself and won't settle for crap.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's bad. Means you don't trust your partner to begin with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's good to be upfront about it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No its good. Your laying down your standards and he should respect them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just letting them know.. lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • It is good to inform them lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes