Do men or women move on quicker after breakup?

Reason i ask is my ex just messaged me to say so.. in a rather long paragraph which included i miss you everyday (kinda weird to say right?) etc i feel a mix of emotions but the overall strongest is relief. Which is kind of a strange emotion to feel right? Lol

Since our breakup I've slept with a few girls and I'm content with not being in a relationship for a while.

On the otherside i doubt she's slept with anyone other than this guy but is now ready to engage in another relationship.

So do men or women in general move on quicker?
  • Men
    Vote A
  • Women
    Vote B
  • I like cats
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the girl. I've always been the one to do the breaking up. I don't hesitate cause once you've messed up and I want you gone, there's absolutely no looking back. Maybe it sounds harsh, but when i get rid of someone who bugs me its like a relief that they're finally gone. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿป

1|0
    0|0
    • That relief was what i felt this morning. For months she's been messaging me every 7-10 days with some "i miss you" sending memory pictures etc so its a relief i "hopefully" won't be having strings pulled anymore

• Women just don't fall in love. They are very cold and are not hard wired to love men.

• @handsomeguy500 if you had wrote that on your own reply I'd of marked it best reply. Defiantly true.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Women will put Men.
    Men will put Women.
    In most cases.

2|2
    0|0
    • I think women are prepared to re-enter a relationship faster but men move for a "connection" (read hookup) faster. Men drown their heartbreak in sex and women drown theirs in ice cream.

• Show All
    • I put women because the guy I broke up with handled it really badly.

• @ScarletAngelic Yeah, our experiences are our own and they form the person we'll be going forward. If you're into girls, you don't have to worry about breaking up with guys anymore.

• 2|0
    0|0
    • In all three pictures I'd have cake๐Ÿ˜‚

• I've been in only one relationship ever... that was a really hard breakup but when I finally moved on.. I also felt relieved that it's over.. and it's for the best

• I think men do intiially. They go out with the boys and sort of celebrate their new found singleness. But, then, after a couple of weeks, the reality sets in and they start to feel the pain of the breakup.

Women tend to feel it straightaway and feel sad, unhappy and miserable but then after a short while begin to start to feel they are getting over it.

So, men move on quicker but then stall and by that time, the woman has dealt with the emotions and started to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the person and the relationship.

Iโ€™ve been in a relationship where I took forever to move on. And Iโ€™ve been in relationships where I got over it in a month or never had to move on in the first place. Iโ€™ve met guys who struggled to move on and some who moved on in short periods of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been broken up with, I've only broken up with others. I moved on immediately, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be all that different the other way around. I'd just be live "Oh well, if they're unhappy in the relationship it's better for both of us to be apart," and I'd want them to be happy, though I nicely broke up with a guy because I realized that I was actually into girls and he got extremely angry and rude, so I'd say women, but that's just from one experience.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one who moves on the fastest is the one who had less feelings and was more excited than saddened by the breakup. Depending on the situation this can be either the girl or the guy. I'm guessing that whoever broke up is more likely to move on quicker (as long as they broke up for serious reasons and not as some sort of childish "test"), as they are usually the one who is losing feelings and therefore initiating the breakup. If this happens totally out of the blue to the person being dumped, then of course it will take a longer time for them to get over it.
    How fast someone gets over it also depends on their coping skills and whether they have healthy or unhealthy habits.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think whoever initiated the break up moves on faster for obvious reasons!

0|0
    0|0
  • This has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with personality.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think sex plays apart in general how people move on
      Of course deeper than that personality plays a part

• Show All
    • Much worse than stereotypical clingy woman, I mean.

• Yes i know what you're getting at.

• Whoever is given the most opportunities to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • men!

0|0
    0|0
  • Men will say women do, and women will say men do.

This is because when we break up with each other, we usually act like weโ€™re over it pretty quickly to the other person, and they then think weโ€™re already over it.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Women have more chances of getting boyfriends, so...

0|1
    0|0
    • How does that work? For every girl that gets a boyfriend a boy gets a girlfriend

• Show All
    • Goodbye, virgin faggot.

• Good lad go n wank you virgin socks off

• I like cats, lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Is not a gender thing it's a personality thing

2|1
    0|0
  • women because they are cold and evil

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more a personally thing

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who was more emotionally invested.

0|0
    0|0
  • Us men are always moving on to the next best thing. Women, not so much and are easily holding on to grudges.

0|0
    0|0
    • women move on faster.

• @HandsomeGuy500 i don't think so. lol you should take a look at the long list of women who aren't over the men that left them.

• Handsome wouldn't know. No women ever cared about him to begin with. Not even his mother

Recommended myTakes