Why did my boyfriend tell me I need to learn I can have whoever I want when he was breaking up with me?

I mean I clearly can't if he was breaking up with me so why say it.. It's a bit frustrating to say that to someone you're breaking up with. Thanks

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't indicate how friendly the breakup was but it sounds like he broke up with you. Likely he said that because he cares enough about your feelings and wants you to realize this isn't the end of the world. He sees enough in you to know, once you are ready, you will find someone you really like and move on.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol yeah it is a weird thing to tell someone you're breaking up with.

Hmmmm do you have low self esteem or constantly question why he was with you?

Either way I think he meant you need more confidence

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE