Is there anything wrong with wanting to date a rich guy?

I think it’s no different than a guy wanting to date a hot girl.

Does having a preference for financially strong men make you a bad-quality person?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally feel that if you date someone for your money (or for looks or for rather materialistic reasons), then you are with them for the wrong reason. If they happen to be very wealthy, then they happen to be wealthy. But that being THE reason or even the main reason is the wrong reason. That's the implication you're showing me here. Remember, just because a person is rich, doesn't mean they always manage money well. Take a look at Trump, He bankrupted 5 or 6 times. Some people are unable to recover.

0|0
    0|0
    • Trump may have been bankrupt many times, but he’s back in the game and he still can afford to fly in private jets and have the best of everything he wants.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Depends if that's the only thing you what is a guy that has money personally I would not get into a serious relationship with a woman than make less than myself she has to be equal or above. Due to laws I will not accept a woman that make less than myself. I have a saying that j live by don't expect soemthing from someone if you cannot match what they are offering in return.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nothing wrong with your preference. I personally want a guy who makes more than I do given that I’m pretty traditional. I wouldn’t date a guy who had a terrible personality just did the sake of having money.

• Show All
    • You should do whatever you believe is right for you. If you want a wife with a “little Ms. Independent” mentality, there are plenty of girls like that. However, I personally want to be taken care of and spoiled. That’s what being traditional is all about. Of course, some people who are modern and somewhat frugal with their money probably won’t enter such relationship, but there is always someone for everybody out there. I just get annoyed with people who think that it’s morally wrong to go after what we want.

• No I will never get married unless divorce laws changed the split of assets etc I'm 22 I own 3 houses I rent to peopem privately a holiday home. in Jamaica and in Spain, and I have save over 1.1 million and over 500k in investments. This is for. mt kids when I have them for anyone else. and I won't put it at risk by getting married. I don't think it's morally wrong but you gotta make sure you on point make. sure your man's happy fuck him silly rub hiss back shit like that.

• Well it is depends how much rich he should be and you are not the one who wants to marry a rich guy. It also depends on purpose of marriage if you are marrying him to live a luxurious life not cause of the love. Then it is wrong but you love that guy and he has a lot of money it doesn't matter then you can do whatever you want

0|0
    0|0
  • Having a preference isn't.

But if being rich is your prerequisite, then its not a preference, you are just a gold digger.

No offence, I dont have anything against you, just stating the reality.

0|0
    0|0
    • A golddigger is a woman who dates men solely for their money. That’s the median Webster definition of a golddigger. I wouldn’t date a jerkoff even if he was making millions of dollars a year. Personality is extremely important, but so is money.

• Show All
    • I’m not envisioning a Bill Gates type of lifestyle. Although, I would be super happy with that. I’m talking more about affording nice restaurants, trips, vacations, a nice car, a house in a good neighborhoods, etc. You don’t need to be making $5million dollars a year to do that, but you do need to be in the upper class at least.

• Again, I agree that financial stability id important.
      But do you prefer a rich guy but don't mind a not rich but well to do guy?
      Or nothing matters unless he is rich?

• I don't think it's bad, I'd like to date a rich woman too 😂 But if there's no emotions involved I wouldn't be able to keep it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing at all, as long as it's me your dating ! LOL

1|0
    0|0
  • No it makes sense in fact. Girls genetically prefer guys that can provide stability

1|0
    0|0
  • Being hot isn’t the same as being rich.

They’re two different values.

You can make more money, you can’t undo an experience or interaction.

0|0
    0|0
    • They're two different values, but they are both preferences and requirements for some people. Some people can have all the money in world, but won't be happy unless they have a hot girlfriend. And physical attraction is extremely important in a relationship. The same works vise versa. Everyone has different needs and it is up to each individual to find what is right for him/her. I once dated a poor guy and realized that this was not something I could be happy with.

• There's nothing " wrong " with it per se, however if this is a "must be" matter for you, then your standards are wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Living Your dream Life isn't bad until it is Ruining someone's life.

0|0
    0|0
  • No as long as its not the main quality you look for

1|0
    0|0
  • You will be judged as a gold digger if ur earning and his have a wide margin.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I think it’s no different than a guy wanting to date a hot girl, ...

Now that's fair and square, you win!

0|0
    0|0
  • Fck wt me

0|0
    0|0
  • It's up to you

0|0
    0|0
  • No...

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a difference between finding wealthy men attractive, and dating men you aren't attracted to for the financial benefits.

1|1
    0|0
  • being shallow one way doesn't mean you should turn around be shallow.. that's like the pot calling the kettle black. be the better person here

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t think it’s shallow at all. You’re just going after what you like and what you believe it’s best for you. unless thats the only reason why you’re dating that person.

• Show All
    • My point is I’m not because going after what you’re attracted to isn’t the definition of shallowness. Look it up.

• You're attracted to money. that's shallow

• Depends if you are dating only for the money. If you actually do care for him, then no, it's not wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your choice x

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes