Are monogamous relationships realistic?

2740

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, of course. They happen, in reality, all the time and have so for thousands of years. Just because some people find it unbearable to be monogamous (and don't want to) doesn't negate the fact that some people want it and can do it.
    Why can't people just do what they want :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If you live as long as I have honey... bless your heart... opinions change 😂😘

• Oh my! Haha how's life?

• @ladsin Wow, it's way too crazy to be honest, haha. But it's a good time to be a tiger XD

Most Helpful Guy

• They're not realistic as far as nature is concerned, of that you could be sure. Almost anywhere in the animal kingdom. In that sense, a monogamous relationship only hinders evolution and expansion and therefore success in the natural world. Animals (including humans) naturally seek out mates according to a set of criteria, but that criteria doesn't necessarilly specify monogamy. In some cases, it specifies otherwise, even.

Socially, yes - so much so that they exist. :P Humanity has honed an evolutionary trait not often seen in other animals -the mind- and with it expands the implications of possession and emotions that have only been strengthened by the likes of faith. In that sense, I'd wager that most of the world's societies consider it the only realistic norm.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE