Do you love the person if you cheat on them?

It’s not about one night stands with different people.
Its about cheating on your significant other with another person for a long time.
Do you honestly love them if you have sex and a side relationship with someone else too?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are overwhelmed with emotions, your judgement is severely clouded. If angered enough, you might be provoked into doing something that could have you locked up. Even if you didn't mean to or regret it, damage is done.

One would be naive to think that cheating equals not loving someone. That doesn't make any sense at all. People do things every day, both intentionally and unintentionally, to hurt the people they love. Some regret that decision and some don't. Cheating is no different. Now, I do not condone cheating whatsoever. It is a serious act of betrayal. However, people cheat for various reasons. It's not necessarily because they don't love you. Many that cheat regret it and are overwhelmed with guilt. They are devastated by their actions, but the damage is done. Again, doesn't mean they don't love you.

2|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @PinkMichae Hiding it is more about protecting themselves in my opinion, even if they don't see it that way. Sure you prevent them from getting hurt, but your are condemning them to a relationship with someone who betrayed them one or more times and they get no say in it. By not telling, you can easily just keep doing it , using the same excuse, whether it's true or not.

• @Ripper_e I agree. It's about them because they don't want to lose you. My point is it doesn't mean they don't love you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do believe some people who are in love are still capable of cheating, because people who cheat lack willpower. They have no self-control over their desires and emotions. So opportunity will control their loyalty, even to a person they are in love with.

Infidelity has noting to do with love. A persons character determines if they will cheat or not.

Just like some people who aren't in love, and aren't happy within their relationship won't necessarily cheat.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• No.. We are only humans but we are selfish when it cums to the arts of fuking.. Some will go off n fuk every cunt where some wouldn't fuk at all but thats what we do..

1|0
    0|0
  • seriously it's not love.. love means what.. you want to see that person happy any cost.. you know you hurting them then it's not love..

1|0
    0|0
  • some people can have multiple loves,
    i fall in love with another girl but still i love mine.
    i wish to have an open relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • No, the only person you love is yourself. You are putting lust, and your own needs ahead of your lovers needs.

0|0
    0|0
  • For a lot of people, cheating is sexual so yes, you can love someone you cheated on

0|0
    1|0
  • no obviously you had the nerves to cheat

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I don't believe you truly do

2|0
    0|0
  • The term "cheat" is erroneous and stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, loyalty goes hand in hand with love

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • no you dont

0|0
    0|0
  • Greedy, confused fuckers claim this all the time... until it happens to them...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 17

• No. Probably not.

0|0
    0|1
  • Cheating doesn't mean you don't love that person. It means something is wrong that led to it and you don't have good communication with your partner. People get emotionally conflicted especially if they feel their partner is hurting them in some way which makes them feel unloved.

0|0
    1|0
    • if you cheat then you don't love someone... plain as that.

• Show All
    • It's wrong and a stupid awful thing. But it doesn't mean they don't love you. We hurt people we love all the time. My ex now cheated on me. Not because he didn't love me for the 15 years we were together. But because at some point I didn't spend as much time with him because of medical problems. He felt lonely in our relationship. But instead of communicating that to me and ex girlfriend popped up and made him feel wanted again and he got swept away with it. I ended things because I could see I wasn't making him happy. But we had to live in the same house for two months after cuz of our lease. During that time he would come home throwing up and crying because he was so upset that he lost me. He wrote me this letter begging me to stay. But I couldn't. It was too much for me.

• But it was completely obvious he still loved me. He just got lost. So people might feel so hurt and betrayed that they think their cheating partner couldn't love them. But it doesn't mean they don't. In some cases the person did stop loving their partner they cheating on. But that's not the case all the time.

• You never loved them if you cheated, no one who truly loves someone will not cheat even if they said " it was an accident" it really wasn't, if you truly loved them you wouldn't put yourself in a position were you know you could hurt them. At least this is what i personally think

2|0
    0|0
    • Put themselves (person who's cheating) in a position where they know they could hurt their lover

• My friend has a rule: if you love one person then fall in love with another, go for the second because if you truly loved the first you wouldn't have fallen for the second.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating is still cheating no matter he/she has feelings. Or to hurt his/her lover's one. I always stay loyal and respectful and trustworthy. I have been cheated on with my past relationships.

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont cheat. I dont think cheaters love their s/o when they do it.

2|0
    0|0
  • ...'

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. You may care about them... but that’s definitely not love.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can still love someone if you cheated on them. But like, don't cheat. Talk about having an open relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its like when you're mad at your lover you say whatever to hurt them because they've hurt you. You can still hurt some one you love even if was on purpose.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, you don't. If you truly love them, you will not even consider cheating. Love is pure.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can still have feelings for them, but if you really LOVED them then you wouldn't cheat. Simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you cheat, you don't love them.

2|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't believe it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Obviously not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I think people who make that claim are full of shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • you love!
    but need new emotions and experiments.
    especially if beloved one is the first and only man in your life

p. s. i imagine how much hates will i get now... but that’s my opinion and I can have it!

1|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes