Do you love the person if you cheat on them?

It’s not about one night stands with different people.
Its about cheating on your significant other with another person for a long time.
Do you honestly love them if you have sex and a side relationship with someone else too?

1813

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are overwhelmed with emotions, your judgement is severely clouded. If angered enough, you might be provoked into doing something that could have you locked up. Even if you didn't mean to or regret it, damage is done.

One would be naive to think that cheating equals not loving someone. That doesn't make any sense at all. People do things every day, both intentionally and unintentionally, to hurt the people they love. Some regret that decision and some don't. Cheating is no different. Now, I do not condone cheating whatsoever. It is a serious act of betrayal. However, people cheat for various reasons. It's not necessarily because they don't love you. Many that cheat regret it and are overwhelmed with guilt. They are devastated by their actions, but the damage is done. Again, doesn't mean they don't love you.

• @PinkMichae Hiding it is more about protecting themselves in my opinion, even if they don't see it that way. Sure you prevent them from getting hurt, but your are condemning them to a relationship with someone who betrayed them one or more times and they get no say in it. By not telling, you can easily just keep doing it , using the same excuse, whether it's true or not.

• @Ripper_e I agree. It's about them because they don't want to lose you. My point is it doesn't mean they don't love you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do believe some people who are in love are still capable of cheating, because people who cheat lack willpower. They have no self-control over their desires and emotions. So opportunity will control their loyalty, even to a person they are in love with.

Infidelity has noting to do with love. A persons character determines if they will cheat or not.

Just like some people who aren't in love, and aren't happy within their relationship won't necessarily cheat.