Why do nice guys finish last?

I have a friend who is a girl and who has also told me several times she would say no if I asked her out. I asked her why, and she thought about it and couldnt think of a good answer. I have a great personality, everyone likes being around me (including her) I am reasonably handsome, I have a good job, it seems like I'm doing the right things... The last time I asked her and she said no, 2 days later she started dating a guy who is OBVIOUSLY bad for her. Like literally every single person she asked said he is bad for her. I truly do like her and want the best for her, but she won't listen to anything I have to say because she gets all defensive of her new boyfriend. I have asked all my friends if there is anything I should change so girls like me more, and none of them could think of anything I should change. I dont get it, if anyone could help me, I am open to any criticism thank you, it would be appreciated.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't change a thing and u will be the right girl
    Girls love nice guys who stand up for themselves be u but don't let noone else use that kindness against just be confident and don't settle for less than what u want

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Everything you just said is what I am thinking, its just I look around and I see all my friends dating perfectly fine people, and I'm here just like "hey girls, I'm single..."

• Ya, I do think he is going to get bored in the relationship and it won't last too long

• thanks for the MHO