If the dynamic of your relationship has changed, should you just end it?

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for four months, but it’s had a lot of ups and downs - we had a brief breakup, and we do argue, yet would always patch things up.

I feel the dynamic has changed since our last argument and he comes across not bothered in asking questions, staying in touch, whereas I try to maintain a conversation and he doesn’t. So it’s hard to keep up the romance vibes to be honest. And if I’m struggling to find things to talk about, he cuts the conversation short and says things like ‘well if you don’t have things to say, then I’m off’

Should I just end it? Or is it just a phase? How to change the dynamic back?

317

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion, things like what you're describing should happen after 2-3 years at least.
    in order to lose every interest and fight for conversations.. and attention.. just after 4 months...
    sorry to ask this private question, but what did you base your relationship on?
    :/ you have aroused my curiosity.

• Well we were really into each other at the beginning and had so much to talk about, would be on the phone for hours - 4 months felt like years and now I feel like there’s no effort made from him because he’s ‘busy and tired’, and doesn’t do the things he used to do at the start and because of his excuse plus the arguing, compatibility issues/dynamics seem to have changed

• There is a lot of basic affection, but the past two weeks, it’s been dead. I’m thinking of ending it once and for all, but in the new year since I feel he just isn’t bothered and just wants ‘someone’ next to him. Sure tell me your opinion.

• Well, if its nust 2 weeks, i dont know if its a good idea to decide ending it...

But generally, when people flip and change their behaviour too fast, it insinuates that they have found or in a progress of finding someone else.
      I dont know why we all do that, i always tried not to get involved with others, but what I've seen in life is almost always like that.
      If his behaviour is *always* cutting you off, and bored.. It might be it..
      But for example, if people still show some affection from time to time, and all of a sudden back to their natural "i dont give a shit" behaviour, it means they try to put you on low flame.. Since they are not sure in what they have on their side.
      A confidence of a man while changing versions.. Tells a lot about where he stands, and more important.. Between which people he stands..

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont see y not, seems like if they've checked out of the relationship then you might as well just officially end things