Am I crazy or does he not want me around?

Long story short I live with my boyfriend we've only been dating about 2 years and he gets mad at everything I do, if he's playing his video games and I'm eating he says my chewing is annoying him and he tell me to "shut up" he recently told me he doesn't care about my friends and got upset when I tried to show him my snap chat stories of my friends, he doesn't want to mee my family even though I've met his entire family, he woke up to find me crying after he had been mad at me and asked me why, when I said "it makes me sad that you're always upset at me and I don't know why" instead of talking to me he said "why don't you just hold me" and he went back to sleep. How should I confront this? What should I do

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think you're crazy. I just think you're not being treated well like you deserve to be. My personal opinion is that you need a new boyfriend.

I had an ex like that who seemed to always be criticizing me for one thing or another and rarely had anything positive to say. For a while I thought there was something wrong with me, but eventually figured out that the problem was with her. I left and have never regretted it. I'm now with a woman that loves me and respects me and treats me well. It's so much better.

0|0
    0|0
    • How should I go about confronting him about it? Because usually he treats me well and shows he cares and loves me, but in the times like these it hurts the most, I don't want to leave if he is willing to work on it...

• Show All
    • Eventually, I started realizing that I wasn't doing anything wrong (OK, I'm not perfect, wasn't doing much wrong) and that she was just unreasonable. That helped me not feel like something was wrong with me when she'd yell at me, but didn't help much with the fact that I couldn't see to make her happy. Over time, most of our interaction became negative (her criticizing me and me mostly ignoring it because I knew it was unjustified criticism) and the love I felt early in the relationship died. Eventually (and it took a lot longer than it should have) I realized that it was never going to be possible to have a good relationship with her and we got divorced. I was worried about whether I'd find someone else but it ended up not taking long before I found someone that loves me, appreciates me, and rarely criticizes me. That feels so much better than what I had before.

• Maybe (hopefully) your situation won't be the same, but from what you've said so far it reminds me a lot of what I went through. I shared my story with you so you can be aware of what might await you and can factor that in to your decisions about how to handle your situation.

I think in your situation, I would try to talk with him about how his anger is negatively impacting you and your relationship and see if he can explain what makes him act like that. If he doesn't know and doesn't seem to be able to control it, you might want to recommend counseling to try to help him understand and control it. If he refuses to do that or it doesn't help, you might have a tough decision to make.

Maybe you can get him to go for counseling and see if that will help, but if he won't do that and the anger over trivial things persists, I fear that you could have a lot of unhappiness in your future and I would hate to have you have to live through that.

Most Helpful Girl

• wow it sounds like he just doesn't seem to care enough about you anymore

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Well its hard to say but he seems to be short on patience to be honest most people who play video games are very short on patience when they're playing video games you need to talk to him like sit down and talk to him make time when you're both are not tired or else this will just get more difficult over time you need to find out what he really cares about

0|0
    0|0
  • Leave him. If after two years he still doesn't want to meet your family, he's a dud at best, and more likely just plain self centered. You can do better than this, and frankly, not having a relationship is better than this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like you need a new guy. He seems like a real asshole to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well what you said is totally saying he don't care about you he just care about himself if he really care he must have meet you family but h didn't so ya he is some kind of person who only thinks about own pleasure and self entertainment. It is not worth to love him cause you will be always sad and he will be always happy and enjoying his life he will never care how you feeling and thinks that you are dumb soon he will get new girl and react like normal but it will be you whose complete world will get end so you must leave without letting him know also there plenty of guys whom you can love

1|0
    0|0
  • he doesn't want you around

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes